Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Cloud textures and live weather have been very good to me!

Talk is talk.  Real is real.  This leaves me with a pang of hunger when I attempt to "fly forward...."  And this on reliable autopilot so I can sit back, relax, and enjoy it, despite no view of the "new" ground.  This is what emerges from sincere partnerships with reliable and renown 3rd parties.  Aircraft models, avionics, weather, ATC....  I want it all!  I want it all!

Promise me this.  Then deliver on a timely basis.

image.png.65feb202a847567066c8cef80731b4d9.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yes, the sun may be setting on grand old FSX, but it is still quite capable of doing that for which it is intended - and putting on a show while doing it.

ObxwNlc.jpg

• Like 1

Just as FS9/2004 lived on for many and still does, so shall FSX.  Downside is that development teams will not be make much if any content as the workload unfortunately does not justify the return.

Long live FSX
11355336234_5e04ce097f_h.jpg

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

1 hour ago, crosswind said:

Just as FS9/2004 lived on for many and still does, so shall FSX.  Downside is that development teams will not be make much if any content as the workload unfortunately does not justify the return.

Long live FSX

You can't fool me!

I went to your Flickr page and saw the unedited version of this pic....before you rubbed out a small part that undeniably marks it as a preview of an MSFS Q400...
I know you made it grainy on purpose to otherwise protect it from those who'd see the original and say  "Man that looks just like MSFS!  When can we expect it on our machines?" 😉  You're just like the car manufacturers who disguise their prototypes when the take them on the test track. 🙂 

I expect to have my Q400 by Christmas please. 🙂 

f3pUJ9.jpg

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

42 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

You can't fool me!

I went to your Flickr page and saw the unedited version of this pic....before you rubbed out a small part that undeniably marks it as a preview of an MSFS Q400...
I know you made it grainy on purpose to otherwise protect it from those who'd see the original and say  "Man that looks just like MSFS!  When can we expect it on our machines?" 😉  You're just like the car manufacturers who disguise their prototypes when the take them on the test track. 🙂 

I expect to have my Q400 by Christmas please. 🙂 

f3pUJ9.jpg

This is one time that I wish I could make "fake news" become "real news" 😄 

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

1 minute ago, crosswind said:

This is one time that I wish I could make "fake news" become "real news" 😄 

Me too......this and the fake news that there were actually going to be some 3060ti's in stock this morning for longer than 1.3 seconds....

What a goofy year this has turned out to be.   

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Even "Goofy" is less goofy than this year has been.

Banner_MJC8.png

14 minutes ago, crosswind said:

Even "Goofy" is less goofy than this year has been.

Agree...I used to work for his Boss back in my teenaged youth....was a fun place to work at in Orlando!

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

@fppilot hey Frank sorry for hijacking your thread a bit...your shot is amazing for what it was back in the "old days" and I too had some stunning moments, environment-wise, in previous sims.

I uploaded this one back in 2014....Even by today's standards I think it looks pretty good:

ALwqCY.png

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I uploaded this one back in 2014....Even by today's standards I think it looks pretty good:

From simmer perspective it does not sound good 😄

Artur 

9 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

From simmer perspective it does not sound good 😄

Agree that it implies that the tech has not advanced that much in 6 years.  But my point was that we've had it pretty good for a while, and even though our previous sims gave us fleeting moments of "ahhh", this new sim seems to do that as the rule, vs the exception. 😉

I noted in another post that, checking my stats of screens I've taken in MSFS thus far (and that is the number taken, which far exceeds the amount I've yet to process and post here), I've snapped about the same amount of screens in MSFS since inception than I did in the last several years of simming with P3D.

I know....that makes me snap-happy. 🙂   But it seems every time I'm taking a plane up into MSFS's world, there are several jaw-dropping sagas displaying on my 55inch 4k screen...so much so that the acid-test for this amazement is the standard spouse-check....where you bring the wife in to show her...and even she is impressed. 🤣

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg