Sign in to follow this  
lownslo

ACTIVESKY P3D released

31 minutes ago, ark4diusz said:

The question is, is the RC4 version the same as today released version? 

Chewwy94 on his stream said that he bought the new version of AS (while he doesn't need to, because he participated in the Open beta), installed it and noticed that released version has the same number as RC4 version (7638). 

Can someone confirm it? 

Damian confirmed that it is the same build in the HiFi forum.

"Yes, RC4 (B7638) is official, you don't need to update if you already had RC4. Thank you!"

Source: https://forums.hifisimtech.com/threads/official-version-rc-4.13459/#post-60439

Edited by Avionixz
  • Like 3

CPU: i7 11700K @ 5.0 Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 | Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z590-F  | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200MHz | Harddrive: 3x Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo Plus M.2 SSD | Peripherals: TrackIR 5, Fulcrum One Yoke, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

EDIT: Too slow.

Edited by Chaos81

7 hours ago, aldridgem said:

There are other improvements made according to Hifi even for P3Dv4 without EA.Those improvements have not been made to the UI but more in weather depiction and accuracy within the sim itself.

I would look here for more info:https://hifisimtech.com/activesky-p3d-released/.

FWIW: For me, ASP3D with P3Dv5 was a noticeable difference vs what I saw in P3Dv4.5.

On the website you linked to, it states:

While EA mode has received a lot of attention, non-EA mode is also fully supported and expanded with many improvements in general weather synthesis and depiction based on feedback over the past years.

I would like to know what are these "many improvements in general weather synthesis and depiction" specifically.

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify again: You do not need to buy ASP3D if you received it for free by participating in the Open Beta.  If you did not participate, and do not have an ASP3D account already, then ASP3D is not provided for free.  

We offer ASP3D standard and upgrade versions, with upgrade version eligible products being ASP4, AS16 for FSX and AS16 for P3D.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

6 minutes ago, Damian Clark said:

Just to clarify again: You do not need to buy ASP3D if you received it for free by participating in the Open Beta.  If you did not participate, and do not have an ASP3D account already, then ASP3D is not provided for free.  

We offer ASP3D standard and upgrade versions, with upgrade version eligible products being ASP4, AS16 for FSX and AS16 for P3D.

So I do not need to download AS again if I was a Beta tester?

10 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

I would like to know what are these "many improvements in general weather synthesis and depiction" specifically.

It's a culmination of 3 years of development after ASP4 main enhancement development focus ended.  We don't have a line by line item of every single item changed, fixed, added, tuned, or adjusted, but it is a progression of our weather technology and a result of over 70 unique new builds either internally or externally tested and improved, relating to the core systems and features that affect all use including P4, P5, EA, non-EA, etc.

With that said, the focus of ASP3D development has been P3Dv5 and EA mode, and the bulk of recent development effort has focused on that (and will continue focusing on that).  If you're running P3D4, you're probably not going to see the same value as someone with P5 and/or running EA mode.

Edited by Damian Clark
  • Like 1

Damian Clark

Just now, mobiel said:

So I do not need to download AS again if I was a Beta tester?

The latest build is always shown in in the app.  If you're not getting an update prompt, and/or your current build matches the build shown in latest official version on our downloads page, then you do not need to update.

• Upvote 1

Damian Clark

Is there a tutorial on how to use ASP3D.  I understand the WX injection but no clue about lighting, shading, or TrueSky.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I guess there are no benefits for the 4.5HF3 users and we can stay safe with the 7410 release, correct?

2 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

It's a culmination of 3 years of development after ASP4 main enhancement development focus ended.  We don't have a line by line item of every single item changed, fixed, added, tuned, or adjusted, but it is a progression of our weather technology and a result of over 70 unique new builds either internally or externally tested and improved, relating to the core systems and features that affect all use including P4, P5, EA, non-EA, etc.

With that said, the focus of ASP3D development has been P3Dv5 and EA mode, and the bulk of recent development effort has focused on that (and will continue focusing on that).  If you're running P3D4, you're probably not going to see the same value as someone with P5 and/or running EA mode.

@Damian Clark Do you guys have a means to accept donations either via Paypal or any other way? I was part of the Beta and I did get it for free but I would like to contribute to all you guys hard work to show some appreciation.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I guess there are no benefits for the 4.5HF3 users and we can stay safe with the 7410 release, correct?

Incorrect.  There are numerous benefits, just not as many as compared to P3Dv5/EA related use.  Please check out the product page, the main points are all listed there.

• Like 1

Damian Clark

1 minute ago, Damian Clark said:

There are numerous benefits, just not as many as compared to P3Dv5/EA related use.

Hi Damian - DO the visibility settings work like they used to for EA?  For example, the settings for max upper visibility, ground visibility etc.  There were certain settings for volumetric fog use (199 miles vs 200 miles) and other things.  Are these still applicable to EA?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

No, with EA the options are not relevant in same way.  Our EA adjustments for better accuracy, Volfog and smoothing are automatic.

Damian Clark

10 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

I would like to contribute to all you guys hard work to show some appreciation

Thanks, by using our product and giving feedback that is more than enough and we are grateful.  Your beta participation is also much appreciated.

• Like 2

Damian Clark