Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Multiplayer - UTC/Local time sync issue between host & guest

Hi all

Not sure if this has come up before - and if it has,  I have missed it.

I have found that when flying with a friend in a Group Flight and you select a time of day for the flight which is not the current 'Live' time,  that the host player's UTC time will advance normally while the guest player(s) time advances by only 10 seconds  and then resets to the originally selected time, repeatedly. Particularly annoying if doing a dusk or dawn flight for the guest player as you never get to see the sunrise or sunset.  It's basically a static sun.  Anyone else notice this?

Cheers

erich

Edited by ErichB

I have had a strange issue since launch of the sim.Say it's night in Europe and i want to fly in daylight i'll move the slider back to do so. Now if i forget and close the game, the next morning  the PC's time will have changed.. happens everytime. And also worth noting, if i launch the game (MS Store version) i will get the Insert disc warning, and cannot load the sim until i correct the time. I reported to Zendesk, but they claimed it's just not possible, and no others have reported this issue.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

5 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Now if i forget and close the game, the next morning  the PC's time will have changed.. happens everytime. And also worth noting, if i launch the game (MS Store version) i will get the Insert disc warning, and cannot load the sim until i correct the time. I reported to Zendesk

That is a strange issue.

• Like 1

This is quite strange!

@Car147 in Windows 10 settings, Time & Language, Date & Time, do you have "Set time automatically" turned on? Do you have "Set time zone automatically" turned off? I do, and have the correct "Time zone" set manually. Automatic time zone is really only useful for travelers with laptops/tablets. If you click "Sync now", does it successfully synchronize the clock?

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.