Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Still No Sign of an Mooney Update

30 airplanes and still want to fly the Carenado Mooney. Weeks after an ASOBO broke the airplane, still no update. If you're like me, maybe you are outraged! 😀

In any other business customers would be clamoring for a fix or a refund.

BTW, it's still being sold.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The only thing that surprises me about this is: did we really think that Carenado will do better for their MSFS addons? I mean, it always took them ages to resolve certain issues with their addons already in the "old" sims, sometimes certain things were even never adressed and needed the community to jump in. 

So, something new? No, just the usual Carenado behaviour... 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I just received this from support.

"Also, the Mooney fix is in certification now and should be released as an update in Content Manager soon.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team"

Update: Just checked my content manager and all I see is a rotating circle.

Edited by DJJose

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

30 airplanes and still want to fly the Carenado Mooney. Weeks after an ASOBO broke the airplane, still no update. If you're like me, maybe you are outraged! 😀

In any other business customers would be clamoring for a fix or a refund.

BTW, it's still being sold.

Why do you blame asobo for the issues with an addon plane? I’m genuinely curious to know how you came to that conclusion.

LM breaks the fslab Airbus and active sky with almost every update the push out yet know one blames them. PMDG had to fix their airplanes at some point too. 

blaming asobo for breaking something when it’s THEIR sim to begin with and when they are didn’t and/or fixing their sim is extremely short sighted to say the least. 

Edited by ahsmatt7
  • Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

4 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Why do you blame asobo for the issues with an addon plane? I’m genuinely curious to know how you came to that conclusion.

LM breaks the fslab Airbus and active sky with almost every update the push out yet know one blames them. PMDG had to fix their airplanes at some point too. 

blaming asobo for breaking something when it’s THEIR sim to begin with and when they are didn’t and/or fixing their sim is extremely short sighted to say the least. 

Carenado send the update to ASOBO/Marketplace a week ago. BTW, IMO both are culpable.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Carenado send the update to ASOBO/Marketplace a week ago. BTW, IMO both are culpable.

Regarding the marketplace...I lean towards agreeing with you if your insinuating that asobo isn’t pushing the updates from vendors to us in a timely manner through the market place.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

2 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Regarding the marketplace...I lean towards agreeing with you if your insinuating that asobo isn’t pushing the updates from vendors to us in a timely manner through the market place.

I don't know if you know what happened. The patch before  the last one that ASOBO issued, broke the payware Mooney. It took about 2 weeks for Carenado to issue an update to the marketplace. Almost 2 weeks later and still no sign of the update. Hence the thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

IMO both are culpable.

Simple as that really.  So slow and frustrating.  It is like being in one of those nightmares where you are trying to run and it feels like you are moving through treacle.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

"Also, the Mooney fix is in certification now and should be released as an update in Content Manager soon.

I’m sorry but this is a joke. They (as in Microsoft/Asobo) have to certify third party add-one’s before they can be published to the Marketplace, even fixes that prevent proper functioning? In the next breathe they break all their own stuff (aka Updates 1 thru 7). That’s ok, their own updates don’t need to be certified. 

Even worse, they allowed (certified?) that Eurofighter Typhoon to be on the Marketplace? But they have to make everyone wait while they certify this fix? Ha! Glad I do not own the Carenado product and I will most certainly not be purchasing anything thru the Marketplace as long as they have these policies. If something is broken and a developer puts forward a hotfix, get it on the Marketplace. Do it now Asobo! 

Unbelievable!

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 6

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Ah.  Hang on.  We just heard that Asobo put the plane through certification at some stage to get it to the marketplace.
If that is the case, then they are saying the Mooney passes their quality control, standards, and programming protocols as well.

So they approved it and sent it to their marketplace, and people buy it, download it, and the plane works fine (in the main 🙂).
Then Asobo update the sim, and it breaks the plane.  So how can this be Carenodos fault either if they complied with Asobo and got it approved by them initially?

Whether they meant to or not (of course they didn't), Asobo broke the plane, or planes actually. 
Now, as I can see, they have worked with Carenado to see what has changed and helped them fix it - great! 👍 But that is the least I would expect.

I just want them to get the updates on the marketplace as soon as they can now, because at this rate, I will be in my box before they get to fly it properly again! 😁

Also, I don't know if it is true, but I read over something that said they only update the marketplace on something like a Tuesday and a Friday - I can't remember what I read exactly, but I don't even see it this often.  But in any case, if they want this to be a success, I can't see why they can't update the marketplace every day if there are updates waiting - is that too much to ask for form such a big, professional company?

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

It's actually been 18 days since the fix was submitted to Microsoft.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

It's actually been 18 days since the fix was submitted to Microsoft.

Maybe it needs more work and has gone back and forth to developer and ASOBO a few times.

Patience is a virtue. We need lots of it now and in the coming months both simming and just living on this planet.

In the mean time I am using all 3 Carenado planes fine and enjoying them, I just don't click on problem items and they are then rock solid, at least for me.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Hi

@177B Could you advise which items not to click on as I have the PA 44 I am not keen on finding the items I cant use by trial and error / CTD

So far I have found the sun visor, pilots window, and one of the navigation instruments.

Thanks in advance if you can help  

10 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

Hi

@177B Could you advise which items not to click on as I have the PA 44 I am not keen on finding the items I cant use by trial and error / CTD

So far I have found the sun visor, pilots window, and one of the navigation instruments.

Yes, that's the problem.  And I have Tourettes finger as well!  One slip and the whole lot's gone!

39 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

Hi

The only one I have actually crashed with is the visor. I read about the others so I don't touch them.

I use AirManager and use the Knobster to turn dials. Below is photo of my setup. The PA-44 is my current favorite GA plane in FS2020.

129137123_5279758425383281_7360113493038

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager