Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Still No Sign of an Mooney Update

4 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

It begs the question, if you bought the Mooney today, do you get the broken version, or does MSFSMP send you the fixed variant?

If they are actually selling the broken version knowingly, it would be even worse ethically.

C

They've been selling the broken one for ages now

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

It begs the question, if you bought the Mooney today, do you get the broken version, or does MSFSMP send you the fixed variant?

If they are actually selling the broken version knowingly, it would be even worse ethically.

C

You get the broken one.

Apparently Gaya sent MS some updates for one of their airport scenery packages on like Oct 15th and those aren't updated on the Marketplace yet either.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

You get the broken one.

Apparently Gaya sent MS some updates for one of their airport scenery packages on like Oct 15th and those aren't updated on the Marketplace yet either.

That is not acceptable from an ethical or profitable basis.  Hopefully Asobo and Microsoft are prioritizing improving this forthwith.

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I have emailed Zendesk to ask what's going on here, this is really unfair to third party developers and the simmers,they should at least explain why the delay and if they are going to fix, this is really bad for developer relationships

• Like 4

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Seems a couple of the Gaya airports were updated today, but no aircraft updates.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

4 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

They've been selling the broken one for ages now

Since October.

• Like 2

James

You know what, I think because they have broken the Carenado planes a few times now, and they have taken it in the neck from them, I think they might actually be testing the aircraft in the NEXT release now, due on the 23rd, to make sure they don't break them again.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I have simple question. Aside from not buying anything fro the MS store or Carenado, a decision I've already made. what else can we do to solve this problem? They need to get a clear message.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Got excited this morning when I browsed the marketplace and saw this:

cJPDJI.jpg

Since the list of items in the marketplace is getting long and the Mooney always shows near the bottom....I just filtered to the Don'tCarenado section (They've spelled it wrong in MSFS...I should open a ticket and tell them to rename the company as I recognize them now, hehe)

F8zgDW.jpg

Seems that a company that sells software at $5.99 seems to get MS to pay attention to them and get their updates posted, while folks paying $29.99 a pop are not seeing an update that Don'tCarenado claims they submitted to MS weeks ago.

Maybe scenery updates are "easier" for MS to process and place, but who thinks that's a valid excuse for some simmers to have $90 worth of software that is unusable, and continues to be sold on the marketplace with nary a warning stating that you won't be able to fly them without a risk of a CTD?

If this turns out to truly be what DontCarendo claims, then why on earth would they continue to sell their products exclusively on the MS marketplace?  Can you say epic financial mistake if they signed something that hamstrings them to that horrible situation?  Always at the mercy of another company to keep your product working?

I can't fathom in my mind that a company who's products seemed to be being ignored by MS in regards to updates, would not be reaching out to its customer's with a public statement worded and documented with proof that the update was sent to MS on such-n-such a date...as to openly exclude any conspiracies' that they just "said" they sent an update, just to appease the crowd, while trying to figure out behind the scenes why their planes are broken in MSFS...when, by comparison, a great aircraft by Dino...the MB339...works flawlessly when you open it's "door"....you figure the same interaction coding is used in both aircraft, so why does the MB339 seem to not CTD when you open the cockpit, yet DontCarenado planes do?   Kind'a makes ya' wonder huh?

Right now...until its proven otherwise...I'm footing the blame directly on Don'tcarenado until they can convince me its really all MS's fault.  I'm not buying a one sentence excuse on their FB page anymore that it's out of their hands.

Anyone else as frustrated as I am to see the screenshots above and wonder why a $5.99 company is getting more attention than one who has $90 worth of product on the market?  Love my Mooney....I look at it every day when I go into my hangar to decide which plane to fly.  I look at it, sigh, then pick the great Bonanza with @robert young's mod...knowing I'll be flying a plane that won't CTD if I happen to touch something inadvertently.  Maybe some day she'll take to the skies again with her unique engine growl and short, stubby struts that make her look like a low rider on the ramp. 🙂 

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

43 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I have simple question. Aside from not buying anything fro the MS store or Carenado, a decision I've already made. what else can we do to solve this problem? They need to get a clear message.

If you search for "fernando herrera carenado facebook" the first link brings you to his page, you can try message him there. He is the CEO of Carenado.

That's assuming you have a facebook account. Would be interesting to hear his side of this story.

@Steve Dra

We been concerned for many weeks, me and others, that broken products can still be sold, without any warnong of any kinds. Now we are lucky we have avsim and this communitt. But the massive amount of new players msfs brought, have no clue about carenado, about their history, about updates that mighr have broken something or other. I feel sorry for them, they spent good money on a new shiny plane just to get CTD. Whereas me when that happened i was like "well, at least it worked longer than i thought it would" 😅

• Like 1

As Steve stated, I am not buying the Carenado line either.  If MS had something that could be released, it would have been released already.

There is more to the story here than Carenado is sharing.  We know from the last developer q&a session last week that e-mails have been exchanged because Jorg said so.

• Like 2

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

12 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

@Steve Dra

We been concerned for many weeks, me and others, that broken products can still be sold, without any warnong of any kinds. Now we are lucky we have avsim and this communitt. But the massive amount of new players msfs brought, have no clue about carenado, about their history, about updates that mighr have broken something or other. I feel sorry for them, they spent good money on a new shiny plane just to get CTD. Whereas me when that happened i was like "well, at least it worked longer than i thought it would" 😅

Yeah...as much as we state our dissatisfaction with the situation, we're at least "informed" simmers and have the historical timeline of events that have led to this current state.  Like you, I and resigned to accept that this is the way it is, and any news we get, if not news of a either a complete revamp of the marketplace system or CA's complete withdrawal from the MS cone of influence to sell their products a better way, will be just another snippet we log in our brains to recall when we go in to our hangar and see the poor Mooney stuffed in the corner, covered in dust. 😞

My real concern is all the unsuspecting new simmers who "think" they are buying a cool looking plane they can fly....buy it without a care....go to open the door, touch the AP, visor, etc...CTD.   I don't know about you...but for me...on a 55 inch tv 3 feet from my face...when a CTD happens its really quite shocking....just POOF....no more sim...instant desktop.   You gotta thing that new simmer is thinking "What in the heck just happened?".   That is the real tragedy here...the fact they continue to make money off a broken product with no warning to the consumer whatsoever. 

Here is the perfect vid I found from the great Toy Story series that fits this situation perfectly....fast fwd to 30 seconds if you're impatient. 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I just find it odd that Microsoft would require themselves to do QA on third party patches at all, never mind without the resources in place to do it quickly.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU