Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Still No Sign of an Mooney Update

27 minutes ago, peroni said:

If you search for "fernando herrera carenado facebook" the first link brings you to his page, you can try message him there. He is the CEO of Carenado.

That's assuming you have a facebook account. Would be interesting to hear his side of this story.

If you put 2 and 2 together you will see that I've already expressed my feelings on their FB page.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm coming to the conclusion the Carenado has an agreement with ASOBO/MS and can't sell the airplanes via their own store so that patches can be put out in a timely manner.

Edited by DJJose

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

If you put 2 and 2 together you will see that I've already expressed my feelings on their FB page.

Seems 2+2 equals the initials JAO 🙂 

I've added several comments to their FB page as well....however at the rate they delete snarky replies...most of you will never see mine. 🙂 

So sad that this FB page is the only semi-open communication you can have with them...no official forum (the ones here clearly don't count...if history shows over the many years).

Anyway....just doing this this morning while I muse here: (hint: that is not a Mooney 🤣)  Nice trip over the Gulf of Mexico from Apalachicola to Tampa 

hBx5jh.jpg

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

15 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Yeah...as much as we state our dissatisfaction with the situation, we're at least "informed" simmers and have the historical timeline of events that have led to this current state.  Like you, I and resigned to accept that this is the way it is, and any news we get, if not news of a either a complete revamp of the marketplace system or CA's complete withdrawal from the MS cone of influence to sell their products a better way, will be just another snippet we log in our brains to recall when we go in to our hangar and see the poor Mooney stuffed in the corner, covered in dust. 😞

My real concern is all the unsuspecting new simmers who "think" they are buying a cool looking plane they can fly....buy it without a care....go to open the door, touch the AP, visor, etc...CTD.   I don't know about you...but for me...on a 55 inch tv 3 feet from my face...when a CTD happens its really quite shocking....just POOF....no more sim...instant desktop.   You gotta thing that new simmer is thinking "What in the heck just happened?".   That is the real tragedy here...the fact they continue to make money off a broken product with no warning to the consumer whatsoever. 

Here is the perfect vid I found from the great Toy Story series that fits this situation perfectly....fast fwd to 30 seconds if you're impatient. 🙂

Exactly right, its at least careless from Carenado and or MS to let the product there, or, depending wich way you look at it, its borderline dishonest. But more importantly, im pretty sure it could be seen as illegal too

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm coming to the conclusion the Carenado has an agreement with ASOBO/MS and can't sell the airplanes via their own store so that patches can be put out in a timely manner.

Oh im CERTAIN that in there contract they have a line saying that Carenado MSFS products can solely be sold via the MS marketplace. 

Makes sense, its probably the dev that sells the most, so that means more comission dollars for MS. TChing tching! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Hey I was just trying to help, by messaging him privately the outcome might be different as opposed to a public page where some things cannot be said.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, peroni said:

Hey I was just trying to help, by messaging him privately the outcome might be different as opposed to a public page where some things cannot be said.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I've also send a number of support tickets. All answered the same way. It will be out soon.

54 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

(hint: that is not a Mooney 🤣

This is:

UYQKKlg.png

NAci4BE.png

If you decide to come onboard, don't touch anything. 😀

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Thanks. I appreciate it. I've also send a number of support tickets. All answered the same way. It will be out soon.

I just visited....seems the only thing he has there is on the top of the page...an announcement that the Aero Commander is coming to FSX/P3D...dated May 4, 2016.  Other than that...its just links to the commercial side.  So I don't think he even visits the page.

While I'd love to believe that sending a personal message to Carenado would help the situation (and I'd actually get a reply), I don't think that would be proper in any way.  Any things that cannot be said on his public, commercial page, to his customers who've paid him money for a product that is not working, don't exist in my opinion.

This goes to transparency in commerce, where regardless of the situation, when you create a contract with consumers that buy your product with the expectation that it works, you forgo rights to suppress any relevant info that you'd deem confidential.  I know CA is not a publicly traded company so that rule would technically not apply,  but in the spirit of open communication with your customers...If I was running CA, I'd make dahm sure I posted the emails, invoices and anything else that proves that I've sent MS all the items needed to fix my broken products...and let MS continue the conversation as to why they have not implemented them yet...now thru at least 3 update opportunities, while clearly updating other products.

I'm sure if MS found that distasteful to the point where they'd sue CA, great!  CA could surely counter-sue MS for not maintaining their marketplace properly and misrepresenting the condition of the products they advertise on the marketplace.

Anyway, we're all pretty much in agreement with this situation, we all realize this talk is falling on deaf ears...regardless of where we post it...so I'm just gonna keep raking them over the coals to quench my thirst for truth, justice and the American way! (hehe...sorry...Superman reference).  It's only therapeutic for me at this stage. 🙂

Meanwhile, I'm safely down in Tampa (really windy approach!).... @cavaricooper please let me know if this is what you're seeing overhead (I'm on live weather and the cloud formations look great...if they were actually what's happening over Tampa right now...it'd be even better. 🙂 )

uppyXi.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

This is:

If you decide to come onboard, don't touch anything. 😀

Dahmit Jose!  I just touched that screenshot of the cockpit and my Chrome session CTD'd!!!  Dang....seems the MS/AS/CA conspiracy even reaches out to the real world!  (kinda' like in the last Matrix movie where Agent Smith makes it into the real world.) LoL

EDIT: That exterior shot is stunning!  I was able to log back into Chrome and touch it all over....no CTD. 🙂 

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Carenado, Asobo, Microsoft, does not matter the order of arrival because the only ones that we lose in this chaos are us, the customers and users who have placed our trust and our MONEY in an adulterated product... The fantastic trio blame each other, each with indefensible justifications because we just want to be able to use what we have paid for correctly. Scam, deception, selflessness. It doesn't matter. It's embarrassing, it's a shame what's going on. And in the market unusable products continue to sell, so that more people fall into deception. It's painful and intolerable

Edited by fedar
Mistake
  • Like 3

Carenado. They got me for one plane but that will never happen again, regardless how good the reviews might be. I won’t support this from any company. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

38 minutes ago, fedar said:

Carenado, Asobo, Microsoft, does not matter the order of arrival because the only ones that we lose in this chaos are us, the customers and users who have placed our trust and our MONEY in an adulterated product... The fantastic trio blame each other, each with indefensible justifications because we just want to be able to use what we have paid for correctly. Scam, deception, selflessness. It doesn't matter. It's embarrassing, it's a shame what's going on. And in the market unusable products continue to sell, so that more people fall into deception. It's painful and intolerable

About as succinct as it gets, and spot on.

I see 3 kinds of customers in this scenario in regards on how they react to the current debacle:

1. The "accepter" - will accept this the way it is, and try to convince everyone that they are trying their best, just be patient, they will always do what's best for us customers, not themselves right?
  2. The "doubter" - This one has 2 sub-classes and they generally feel that no matter what happens, their will be doubt (mistrust) with this company forever.
    1. Without historical experience - They are just jumping on to the "hater" bandwagon (hater is not a real class here...because it involves hatred for everything, and is not situational, like I'm describing here, but sometimes looks similar to the doubter class) because they saw an angry mob and can't resist the urge to join in....something like the current protests going on in the US. 🙄
    2. With historical experience - like @RobJC....been there, got burned, learned from his mistake, and will apply his feeling for this experience permanently. 
  3. The "fighter" - Will rant and rave, make snarky and sometimes non-politically correct statements about the all the companies involved, but overall wants to love the products and have a great simming experience, and comes here to vent their displeasure over the situation. (this class would also warrant a sub-class called a "wisher", but its implied that if you're in the "fighter" class, you also wish that these things would be fixed on a timely basis.  🙂 

Before I bought the Mooney, I was pretty vocal in the thread here announcing it....being squarely in the DWE class (Doubter-with experience) because I had seen it all before in P3D, FSX, 2004, etc.
Now that I am an official Carenado customer in the MSFS2020 arena, I now proudly align myself as a "fighter" 🤣

Once the reviews and screens poured in about the plane....I ignored my basic instinct (not the movie) and bought her.  And love her....when she worked. 🙄

Here is a post from "long" ago when I was expressing my distaste in how the previous big issue with the Mooney was being "handled"

If you go thru this old thread that got pushed into oblivion...you see hauntingly familiar talk we have have here....back when the directional hunting was the big issue then.  Go to the last page (page 38...yikes...38 pages!), and see the post @raymar made here:

Sound familiar?  We all seem to be talking in circles 🙂 

Food for thought. 🙂 

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

Your feeling is a fact. I emailed them a while ago and they said basically there is an agreement that they only sell MSFS addons on the Marketplace.

I hope it's beneficial for them...

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

And yet people turned right around and bought the Seminole, this as the Mooney was still broken. Carenado and the Marketplace will continue to sell as long as people continue to buy, and that seems to be the case. How many here knew of issues and still bought? Now add all the others that had no clue of issues and you see that this will continue into the future.

The only choice I have is to remain a former Carenado customer and purchase no more of their stuff, but in the grand scheme of things it will make exactly no difference. Others will be burned and continue to do business with them and more yet will have no idea they are going to be burned by them. Xbox release coming and Carenado will just continue to make sales.

• Like 2

James