Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Still No Sign of an Mooney Update

Carenado continues to repeat the same increasingly unlikely story that they've sent the patches to Microsoft, they can't do anything about the situation.  Microsoft is a big slow moving giant I'll grant you but it is apparent that other developers have had recent patches put up on the Marketplace so I doubt the tale more each passing day.  Based on this (and their past behavior) they seem to just be really bad procrastinators or really @ssholes, its a toss up.  They got me for 2 aircraft but no more.  Sad to see anyone who can design such eyecatching and in some cases pleasant to fly aircraft going off the rails over the need to patch their products.  

7 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

The only choice I have is to remain a former Carenado customer and purchase no more of their stuff, but in the grand scheme of things it will make exactly no difference.

I'm a never-Marketplace customer now after watching all this unfold.

4 minutes ago, badgenes said:

it is apparent that other developers have had recent patches put up on the Marketplace so I doubt the tale more each passing day.

Gaya said on their forum they had sent some updates to airport scenery to MS in mid-October and they just appeared this week.  So other developers appear to be experiencing similar delays.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Your feeling is a fact. I emailed them a while ago and they said basically there is an agreement that they only sell MSFS addons on the Marketplace.

I hope it's beneficial for them...

Thanks for the info Ryan!   So I guess the preverbal goose is cooked.  All our purchases are dependent on MS/AS and their willingness and concern to keep the products in their marketplace up to date.

Carenado, you're excused from blame, insomuch as you've tied your hands, and given the reputation of your company to another to company to manage.  Won't be buying another plane from you until I see documented proof that you and MS have worked together and solved the lag issue of you coming out with fixes for YOUR product, and being able to apply them in the marketplace.  

I'd all but give up and put myself back into the "doubter" class, but will continue to be a "fighter" because I want to love your products, because I love aviation and simming.   

"Care"nado, Show us you "care" about your products and customers. Don't be a 1-facebook-post company that only does posts this then goes silent for weeks:

9o8rvL.jpg

We get it...MS is not holding up its end of the bargain.  Step up Carenado....make them get your updates into the marketplace...if you can't...pull your products and only sell them on the side.   If you signed a contract that even prohibits you from doing that....shame on you...MS now owns you.  If it helps....I bet you'd have a good case of "breech of contract" with MS that they are failing to maintain your files, and that would nullify the contract. 😉    Then I guess the only issue is if that if you bite the hand that feeds you....you may kicked you out of the reindeer games altogether....not a good situation to be in either way. 😞

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

If they have direct communication with Asobo I don't understand why can't they fix this situation?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I hope this doesn't come across as overly tetchy or moralistic, but I just wanted to tangentially mention that I sometimes wish people wouldn't use "clever" nicknames like "Don'tCarenado".  It reminds me of the folks who rejoiced in calling Bush Jr "Shrub" or Obama "Obummer".  Or the Kewl Linux Kidz back in the day using "Micro$oft" or "CrimoSoft".  It comes across as kinda juvenile playground name-calling and can debase what are otherwise very valid and understandable complaints.

(I'll admit, I was a Kewl Linux Kid guilty of using "CrimoSoft" a lot back then... but I was juvenile and I've grown out of that now.  Mostly.  😄 )

Anyway, that's just me.   Not an attack on anyone in particular, and I'm not upset by it.  Just felt the need to speak my truth about that; I'm sure some folks will grok it and some won't.  No big deal either way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

If they have direct communication with Asobo I don't understand why can't they fix this situation?

I have to wonder who controls releasing things to the Marketplace, Microsoft or Asobo.  I have a strong suspicion it is Microsoft.

If it's Microsoft then you have a whole host of "big company" processes to deal with.

This is also likely why we are looking at as late as Q2 of next year (9 months after launch) to get a Beta track going - because Microsoft has to do a ton of internal reviews and naval gazing to put it into place.

13 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

I hope this doesn't come across as overly tetchy or moralistic, but I just wanted to tangentially mention that I sometimes wish people wouldn't use "clever" nicknames like "Don'tCarenado".  It reminds me of the folks who rejoiced in calling Bush Jr "Shrub" or Obama "Obummer".  Or the Kewl Linux Kidz back in the day using "Micro$oft" or "CrimoSoft".  It comes across as kinda juvenile playground name-calling and can debase what are otherwise very valid and understandable complaints.

(I'll admit, I was a Kewl Linux Kid guilty of using "CrimoSoft" a lot back then... but I was juvenile and I've grown out of that now.  Mostly.  😄 )

Anyway, that's just me.   Not an attack on anyone in particular, and I'm not upset by it.  Just felt the need to speak my truth about that; I'm sure some folks will grok it and some won't.  No big deal either way.

Hehe...Guilty as charged. 😞

I'd blame it on my years of being a "doubter with experience" and seeing the irony of a company having the word Care in their name...and having almost no customer-facing appearance of "caring" about how good their product would be if they cared enough to be as vocal as some of us are on their behalf. 😉  ...almost an oxymoron as it were. 🙂   

The therapeutic nature of saying it with disdain has faded now....you can even see in my last line of the previous post I called them by their given name...see I'm getting better....still in counseling... but better. 🙂 

I'm actually very stable and level-headed...just tend to go overboard sometimes, hehe.  Thanks for the reality check K. 😉 

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

49 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hehe...Guilty as charged. 😞

I'd blame it on my years of being a "doubter with experience" and seeing the irony of a company having the word Care in their name...and having almost no customer-facing appearance of "caring" about how good their product would be if they cared enough to be as vocal as some of us are on their behalf. 😉  ...almost an oxymoron as it were. 🙂   

The therapeutic nature of saying it with disdain has faded now....you can even see in my last line of the previous post I called them by their given name...see I'm getting better....still in counseling... but better. 🙂 

I'm actually very stable and level-headed...just tend to go overboard sometimes, hehe.  Thanks for the reality check K. 😉 

Per your sig, I had a look at your repaints/Avsim.

Quiet since Feb'20.

Have you given up, or taking a break?

Considering anything in MSFS?

T45

49 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hehe...Guilty as charged. 😞😉e. 🙂   

🙂

This is @Steve Dra for you. Known to go overboard with the screenshots, youtube video, names, 1000 words back stories, etc. 😂 But thats part of the charm 😄 we need more Steves. Full on dedicated to the hobby, and to this forum. 

Just today, this is a rather arrogant response from Asobo when pressed for an ETA on an update for the Mooney:

“The hotfix will be released when it will be ready.”

They went on to blame Covid and the lockdowns in France for the delays. They did not comment on why they are still selling broken products. Certainly, you can’t blame that on Covid.

I encourage everyone to continue submitting bug reports and inquiring about a reasonable timeline for an update. Again, I think this is a horrible business practice, and I firmly believe this company should be answering to a higher authority. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, frankjvsr said:

Just today, this is a rather arrogant response from Asobo when pressed for an ETA on an update for the Mooney:

“The hotfix will be released when it will be ready.”

True colors shinning through. Thanks.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Carenado just posted this on Facebook:

UPDATE OF UPDATES
With the last FS2020 update released yesterday our aircraft don´t crash to desktop any more when manipulating certain 3D objects, but some elements such as windows, doors and sunvisors becomes inoperative.
We have submitted a fix for CT182 Skylane and M20R Ovation to Microsoft early this week and hope to send a fixed PA44 Seminole in the next hours.
Sorry about all of these update issues, but it is not our fault.
The first update we sent was never published because the new Microsoft update broke our aircraft again. So we had to fix them again.
We are in Microsoft ´s hands on this, they should publish CT182 and M20R at any moment soon and PA44 next week.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Ok- perhaps eventually they will make the effort to join and post here... at least they are reading and responding.  Thanks for sharing that!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Official statement from Microsoft (Community Manager) on this issue:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/m20r-carenado-ctd/310157/94

Hi all!

Your frustrations regarding 3rd party aircraft and the Marketplace are not falling on deaf ears. Jorg stated in the previous Q&A, he is fully aware of this disconnect and that our updates have broken 3rd party planes. Our ingestion time is slow with gathering updates from 3rd parties and releasing them to our Marketplace. This is top of mind. We aim and must do better by our community and our partners.

Our plan to remedy:

1. Beta versions of new builds(updates) in Q1 2021 so companies have time to test their products before the build goes live and address any issues.

2. Expanding our Marketplace team in the new year and changing processes. We will share details when available.

This insight doesn’t fix anything right this instant. Our ask: Continue to have patience as these two changes are major in scope and do continue to keep us informed and accountable.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback.

In other words, maybe sometime in the next 4 months they might do something to improve this.

The wise experienced people I worked with at my first job used to say - Prior Planning Prevents word not allowed Poor Performance

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Have you given up, or taking a break?

Yes and No and Maybe (in other words....jury is still out...did long stints away from painting before over the decades, this one, if it "is" a break, has not been the longest thus far)

The last 737 batch I did was pretty taxing, as a few other community painters and I were assisting PMDG in a "beta" capacity where we were helping flesh out issues with the model and the texture maps before release.  So we actually "re-painted" our paints a few times when things would change from PMDG. It was fun, make no mistake, and a great experience...but it wore me out, and I'm not a spring chicken like I was when I entered the re-painting fray 18 years ago 🤣 (or is it 19 now?  20 for sure if you count all the putzing around I did before I released my 1st paint in 2002)

6 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Considering anything in MSFS?

As long as you see me posting here....everything is still a possibility. 😉   I've dabbled to this point, toe has been in the water briefly....but nothing I could release.  This sim is different for all contributors (avionics, scenery, FDE tuning, etc), than all the versions before it....Its a good excuse as to why I haven't devoted as much time as I usually do to pushing out repaints to the community, but a lot of other factors in play as well this time (if I'm being honest...and not just making excuses). 

I love painting, love learning new things, and love contributing to the community, as long as there is that..."Considering" is always on the table. 😉 

22 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Full on dedicated to the hobby, and to this forum. 

Aww shucks....however, I'd use the word "passionate"....as I believe its the core of what keeps me going, but its so cliché these days that I try to not overuse it..."dedicated" to me implies that I'd be here, and in simming, even if I hated it because of my strong belief in duty.  If there was not passion for what I do here and for the community in general, I'd be gone doing whatever else it was I'd be passionate about.  Sure, like anyone else here I dabble in other hobbies....but "passionate" only applies to aviation for me. 😉

32 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Known to go overboard with the screenshots, youtube video, names, 1000 words back stories, etc.

LOL...again, guilty as charged.  My brain has an insatiable need to be witty, crack a joke, or do whatever else it takes to get a laugh with a poignant (I use that word alot) youtube vid that I hope breaks the pressure in a post that you can almost feel the tension building with each new post.

As far as telling stories....my ex-military buddies @fppilot, @Todd2, @wthomas33065 can all attest that story-telling amongst military folks is a quintessential part of the whole military experience.  We've all seen things that run the gambit from horrifying to so hilariously funny that you can't help to share the funny or interesting one's with folks....like the time an electrician in my squadron plugged a single-phase, 60hz soldering iron into a 3 phase, 400hz socket in our VIP aircraft that was plainly labeled "For dedicated aircraft vacuum only!"...only to watch the tip glow red, then white, then melt off and burn the rug on the aircraft floor! 🤣 (Full back story available on request. 😉 ).  Every one of the other Vets I tagged here I'm sure has many stories of fellow Sailors, Soldiers, Marines, Airmen doing stupid stuff and managing to liver thru it (and some not sadly, but we try not to tell those stories). 😞 

As for screenshots....I always feel that in a sea of text when we as a group get into a "lively" discussion, a random screenshot thrown into the firepit sometimes distracts everyone just enough to keep @Ray Proudfoot's finger off the "LOCK" button and get the thread back on track.....most of the time I fail miserably, but there is no denying I love my screens, and in fact before I got into painting waaaay back, I was an avid screenshot "artist"...if there is such a thing. 🙂 
When I'm posting them in the SS forum, I try to relate my experience of a great flight with captivating angles and perspectives.  Having "some" experience in a few paint programs certainly gives me an advantage when getting them from the sim to the forum. I never realized the things I do to my screens before posting them, as I've done it for so long.  @Noel can relate as I gave him some insight on how I do it when he asked via an IM.  I may post it as a tutorial, but you have to have and old version of PSP9 (I think you can get it free now) or a similar tool to do it like I do.

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg