Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Still No Sign of an Mooney Update

10 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

We've all seen things that run the gambit from horrifying to so hilariously funny that you can't help to share the funny

Or...so horrifying that you simply have to laugh.  Like when a member of my crew ignored the orders to not get drunk on the way to Rome and threw up all over the floor of St. Peter's Cathedral just after Christmas Eve Midnight Mass with the Pope.

And that folks, is what is defined as "an international incident".

When I watched the Movie "Angels & Demons". I'm almost sure I could make out a significant piece of my CO's half chewed butt stored in the Vatican Archives.

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Carenado just posted this on Facebook:

UPDATE OF UPDATES
With the last FS2020 update released yesterday our aircraft don´t crash to desktop any more when manipulating certain 3D objects, but some elements such as windows, doors and sunvisors becomes inoperative.
We have submitted a fix for CT182 Skylane and M20R Ovation to Microsoft early this week and hope to send a fixed PA44 Seminole in the next hours.
Sorry about all of these update issues, but it is not our fault.
The first update we sent was never published because the new Microsoft update broke our aircraft again. So we had to fix them again.
We are in Microsoft ´s hands on this, they should publish CT182 and M20R at any moment soon and PA44 next week.

Shouldnt have used so much legacy codes then...Its weird how the default aircrafts NEVER break (CTDs i mean) after updates. 

Next aircraft, do it from scratch natively. Lets see if it still takes you 4 weeks to make as opposed to many many months.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dear Carenado:  Please get out of the Facebook pages. Many simmers refuse to be associated with Facebook for many reasons, including political. Join us here on Avsim

• Like 4

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

This just happened to me! True story.

So I ordered a $50 gift card from Amazon and I received $15 as a gift for buying the card.

I ordered two items. One was $7 and change and the other one was $13 and change. I used my $15 gift card to pay and the rest came out of the gift card.

Both were shipped separately. I received the $7 one but the $13 one never came. They claimed that it was probably lost.

Amazon gave me the option for a refund or to order a new one. I chose a refund. In less than 24 hours I received a refund for $4 to my gift card.

I called Amazon and explained my situation. In less than an hour I received a confirmation email that a $13 credit was issued to my gift card.

$13 + $4 = $17

So I paid $13 for an item that I never received and for that inconvenience I received a $17 credit.

I wonder how much this one is worth?

Just my 2 cents

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

40 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Shouldnt have used so much legacy codes then...Its weird how the default aircrafts NEVER break (CTDs i mean) after updates. 

Next aircraft, do it from scratch natively. Lets see if it still takes you 4 weeks to make as opposed to many many months.

Completely agree.  And now exhausted from this...only one point to "point out".   As I mentioned...the MB339 by Dino...a gorgeous model....steam gauge modeling every bit as good as Carenado's  (if not better)....and has an opening "door" (ok its a canopy, but same principle) that when you click the handle to engage the animation...it does not CTD....would love to see Carenado's explanation how that it's MS's fault on that one. 😉

Anyway...probably one of the most ill-advised statements to make about your product: "Sorry about all of these update issues, but it is not our fault."

Again....going to link a vid that I posted before, that "poignantly" details the issue: (and makes me laugh)

Carenado:  I know you don't monitor here, and if you do...you must be "pacing" yourself as when to inject your witty reply to all my "spirited" remarks to your complete lack of leadership in this issue...but take this little video clip to heart....don't be blaming MS...blame yourself for allowing your company to be "owned" by MS.  Blame yourself for quickly popping out ports of previous planes, with custom code you wrote that worked fine in P3D/FSX...but could potentially break in MSFS. (realizing that after the fact....not an excuse...see the vid above for reference)

Take note of how Dino did it....probably tested his plane thoroughly, and probably even got a CTD when he opened the canopy....the difference is he tested it, and fixed it well enough....taking the thought that MS "may" be updating the code frequently in the future....and writing in enough "what if" coding to cover all bases....before unleashing it on the market. You should try that next time (or like @leprechaunlive noted...code from scratch in native MSFS format to avoid the issue altogether). 

If your planes break every time MS releases an update, and you have no control over the relationship of how fast you fix something... and then have to wait for MS's decision on when they think its important enough to update the ONLY Ecommerce site you allowed your company to be backed into (Note that most scenery designers sell both in the marketplace and on their own Ecommerce site....hmmmmm), then I will not feel sorry for you, or accept your "its not out fault" lame excuse....I'm too old and cynical to let you slide on that one....sorry.

If I'm completely out of line in my thoughts....by all means Carenado...step up to the mic here at Avsim.  Put me in my place...tell me how wrong I am.  Gauntlet thrown down, my white glove of challenge has virtually stung your right cheek with a stiff slap in your virtual face....I'm calling you out sir.

(hehe....did I mention the theatrics I'm famous for when I get worked up? 🤣  )

In reality....I'm being that "fighter"....hoping to invoke a response from our missing developer....to get real answers and hopefully a productive dialog of how we can all work together to give him the money he wants and the planes we want.  Seems like a simple strategy don't ya think...keep prodding him until he responds? 🙂  (I know...deaf ears). 😞   Well..."it keeps me warm" (extra points for anyone knowing what movie I'm quoting that from...in fact I'll give you another line that is said just before that to almost give it away "all that hate is gonna burn you up Kid")

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

11 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

ell..."it keeps me warm" (extra points for anyone knowing what movie I'm quoting that from...in fact I'll give you another line that is said just before that to almost give it away "all that hate is gonna burn you up Kid")

Easy. Red Dawn. 1984

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Just now, Ron Attwood said:

Easy. Red Dawn. 1984

Dang you old farts!   Thought I was the ONLY one here who saw that movie. 🙂 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Oh while waiting for a patch here some sweet memory of Mooney M20E with glass. Aspen + Garmin + johnson bar LOL

977978_10201081067102376_441868368_o.jpg

903921_10200377960285145_991465056_o.jpg

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Oh while waiting for a patch here some sweet memory of Mooney M20E with glass. Aspen + Garmin + johnson bar LOL

977978_10201081067102376_441868368_o.jpg

Nice!  And do I see my beloved GTN-750 in the bottom pic between your shoulders?

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Dang you old farts!   Thought I was the ONLY one here who saw that movie. 🙂 

Google is your friend.(so it is said. Not so sure these days) Do I still get a point?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Just now, Ron Attwood said:

Google is your friend.(so it is said. Not so sure these days) Do I still get a point?

Of course......1000 points if you can name the plane he throws the grenade into. 😉

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

21 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Nice!  And do I see my beloved GTN-750 in the bottom pic between your shoulders?

Yes  GTN-759 is very cool and easy to operate. We did test flight that day (after freshly installed avionics) The guy on the left fellow CFI and retired NAVY pilot. Super nice guy and great pilot to leave from !

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

31 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

retired NAVY pilot

I like him by default. 🙂

I'm a professed self-taught GTN junkie....while I probably doesn't use 30% of its features when I was tooling around with @RXP's version in P3D...however, I did use it for important and very serious aviation stuff....

Like finding TOJAM naturally. 🤣

CdYPy0.jpg

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 12/3/2020 at 1:53 PM, marsman2020 said:

I'd expect that the developers releasing on the Marketplace sign an agreement with Microsoft that they can't provide 'sideloaded' updates to Marketplace customers. 

Just because one vendor chose to maybe bend the rules there, doesn't mean they all will...

The IFT fighter is still unavailable on the Marketplace, so even if that is a rule, it hasn’t been bent.