Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Still No Sign of an Mooney Update

4 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Shouldnt have used so much legacy codes then...Its weird how the default aircrafts NEVER break (CTDs i mean) after updates. 

Probably they break them too but fix them before releasing the update, which they can't do with 3rd party aircraft.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Of course......1000 points if you can name the plane he throws the grenade into. 😉

You can't change the rulez as you go. That's SO unfair! 😒

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

5 hours ago, regis9 said:

Carenado just posted this on Facebook:

UPDATE OF UPDATES
With the last FS2020 update released yesterday our aircraft don´t crash to desktop any more when manipulating certain 3D objects, but some elements such as windows, doors and sunvisors becomes inoperative.
We have submitted a fix for CT182 Skylane and M20R Ovation to Microsoft early this week and hope to send a fixed PA44 Seminole in the next hours.
Sorry about all of these update issues, but it is not our fault.
The first update we sent was never published because the new Microsoft update broke our aircraft again. So we had to fix them again.
We are in Microsoft ´s hands on this, they should publish CT182 and M20R at any moment soon and PA44 next week.

Or. We wasn't even there.

5 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Yes and No and Maybe (in other words....jury is still out...did long stints away from painting before over the decades, this one, if it "is" a break, has not been the longest thus far)

The last 737 batch I did was pretty taxing, as a few other community painters and I were assisting PMDG in a "beta" capacity where we were helping flesh out issues with the model and the texture maps before release.  So we actually "re-painted" our paints a few times when things would change from PMDG. It was fun, make no mistake, and a great experience...but it wore me out, and I'm not a spring chicken like I was when I entered the re-painting fray 18 years ago 🤣 (or is it 19 now?  20 for sure if you count all the putzing around I did before I released my 1st paint in 2002)

As long as you see me posting here....everything is still a possibility. 😉   I've dabbled to this point, toe has been in the water briefly....but nothing I could release.  This sim is different for all contributors (avionics, scenery, FDE tuning, etc), than all the versions before it....Its a good excuse as to why I haven't devoted as much time as I usually do to pushing out repaints to the community, but a lot of other factors in play as well this time (if I'm being honest...and not just making excuses). 

I love painting, love learning new things, and love contributing to the community, as long as there is that..."Considering" is always on the table. 😉 

Aww shucks....however, I'd use the word "passionate"....as I believe its the core of what keeps me going, but its so cliché these days that I try to not overuse it..."dedicated" to me implies that I'd be here, and in simming, even if I hated it because of my strong belief in duty.  If there was not passion for what I do here and for the community in general, I'd be gone doing whatever else it was I'd be passionate about.  Sure, like anyone else here I dabble in other hobbies....but "passionate" only applies to aviation for me. 😉

LOL...again, guilty as charged.  My brain has an insatiable need to be witty, crack a joke, or do whatever else it takes to get a laugh with a poignant (I use that word alot) youtube vid that I hope breaks the pressure in a post that you can almost feel the tension building with each new post.

As far as telling stories....my ex-military buddies @fppilot, @Todd2, @wthomas33065 can all attest that story-telling amongst military folks is a quintessential part of the whole military experience.  We've all seen things that run the gambit from horrifying to so hilariously funny that you can't help to share the funny or interesting one's with folks....like the time an electrician in my squadron plugged a single-phase, 60hz soldering iron into a 3 phase, 400hz socket in our VIP aircraft that was plainly labeled "For dedicated aircraft vacuum only!"...only to watch the tip glow red, then white, then melt off and burn the rug on the aircraft floor! 🤣 (Full back story available on request. 😉 ).  Every one of the other Vets I tagged here I'm sure has many stories of fellow Sailors, Soldiers, Marines, Airmen doing stupid stuff and managing to liver thru it (and some not sadly, but we try not to tell those stories). 😞 

As for screenshots....I always feel that in a sea of text when we as a group get into a "lively" discussion, a random screenshot thrown into the firepit sometimes distracts everyone just enough to keep @Ray Proudfoot's finger off the "LOCK" button and get the thread back on track.....most of the time I fail miserably, but there is no denying I love my screens, and in fact before I got into painting waaaay back, I was an avid screenshot "artist"...if there is such a thing. 🙂 
When I'm posting them in the SS forum, I try to relate my experience of a great flight with captivating angles and perspectives.  Having "some" experience in a few paint programs certainly gives me an advantage when getting them from the sim to the forum. I never realized the things I do to my screens before posting them, as I've done it for so long.  @Noel can relate as I gave him some insight on how I do it when he asked via an IM.  I may post it as a tutorial, but you have to have and old version of PSP9 (I think you can get it free now) or a similar tool to do it like I do.

God, you do go on...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Dang you old farts!   Thought I was the ONLY one here who saw that movie. 🙂 

Hell I saw that in the theater, along with one about another kid and a WOPR.  No cheese.  And that one led me to my career path, go figure.

Memory (often faulty) tells me a Mig-21 .... someone look it up the suspense is killing me.  

Edited by badgenes

21 minutes ago, badgenes said:

Hell I saw that in the theater, along with one about another kid and a WOPR.  No cheese.  And that one led me to my career path, go figure.

Me too....Joshua was my password for years after that movie....and I did urinate on a spark plug too....just to see if it made a difference 😁

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

31 minutes ago, badgenes said:

Memory (often faulty) tells me a Mig-21 .... someone look it up the suspense is killing me.  

If I told you....you'd surely Yak when you heard how easy the answer was. 😉

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

If I told you....you'd surely Yak when you heard how easy the answer was. 😉

you're miggin' me crazy Ivan!

59 minutes ago, badgenes said:

you're miggin' me crazy Ivan!

Lol, looks like he already told you.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

5 hours ago, Alvega said:

Probably they break them too but fix them before releasing the update, which they can't do with 3rd party aircraft.

Dont think so to be honest. I think Carenado is not following all new guidelines from the new SDK and are trying to reuse their old codes as much as possible.

3 hours ago, Alvega said:

Lol, looks like he already told you.

Yes sir no stranger to IL-2 here or WWII lore (yes Yakolev continued but lets be real their peak was WWII), it was a reference to a Crazy Ivan, a Soviet clearing turn performed by their boomers.  (I was SSN for a time before my life as a systems architect) 🙂

Let's not lose focus, gentlemen. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Me too....Joshua was my password for years after that movie....and I did urinate on a spark plug too....just to see if it made a difference 😁

"How about a nice game of Chess"

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip