Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Nvidia Driver 457.51 is Available. Reduced Stutters...

I was also facing drastic fps drops and stutters after the last MSFS update. I have updated my Nvidia Driver to version 457.51 , which seems slightly to reduce the stutters and gained fps.Will not make it perfect as before but treats a bit.

Worths a try. It is recommended to you also, if not done yet. Happy flying.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 4

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I doubt the graphics drivers could really improve the recent stuttering, which is mainly due to changes related to CPU usage in the sim.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I doubt the graphics drivers could really improve the recent stuttering, which is mainly due to changes related to CPU usage in the sim.

Cheers, Ed

What kind of changes? Did the latest update lower the CPU performance?

Just now, flightsim1818 said:

What kind of changes? Did the latest update lower the CPU performance?

Asobo did a kind of thread optimization in the latest update. I had a very fluid experience before and now I have  short pauses and stuttering that did not exist before. The same is being reported by other users.

Cheers, Ed 

• Like 8

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I have noticed degraded performance after the last update and significantly more scenery glitching.  Perhaps just specific to the region i'm flying in (Nepal) but something just seems off,.  I have also noticed alot of FSX default texturing on some of the mountains

Edited by ErichB

I really enjoyed the first release when launched. Scenery was great and performance too. The only thing missing for me (granted a big one) was proper flight models in the airliners but that can be improved with payware aircraft down the road.

37 minutes ago, kt069 said:

I was also facing drastic fps drops and stutters after the last MSFS update. I have updated my Nvidia Driver to version 457.30 , which seems slightly to reduce the stutters and gained fps.

Thanks for letting us know.  I have stutters after the last update, so I will try the new drivers, as I am getting a bit desperate to get the sim back to how it was before.

Like edpatino says, I think it is sim related, but it can't hurt to give the new drivers a try, they can always be rolled back.   👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just a word of advice to people that upgrade their Nvidia drivers.  The upgrading of the driver may reset the Nvidia settings for MSFS and actually lower the graphics settings.  So sometimes the reduction of stutters and increased FPS isn't because of the new Nvidia driver, but when Nvidia changes the settings and lowers the graphics settings on a driver update. When you update your Nvidia drivers, you may want to double check your Nvidia settings to make sure it hasn't changed.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 8

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

58 minutes ago, kt069 said:

I was also facing drastic fps drops and stutters after the last MSFS update. I have updated my Nvidia Driver to version 457.30 , which seems slightly to reduce the stutters and gained fps.

Very good news ! And I wanna believe that it will really wash my stutters away, for ever.

Can you also confirm that this GPU deriver update did not alter downwards your MSFS2020 settings ?

Edited by sarp_79

457.09 has been good on my end. Will certainly try this one.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

51 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Asobo did a kind of thread optimization in the latest update. I had a very fluid experience before and now I have  short pauses and stuttering that did not exist before. The same is being reported by other users.

Cheers, Ed 

Stupid question: are you one of those HT off user? If yes, did you try HT on to see if this resolves stutters? And do you have the Windows 10 Game mode activated? I have less cores, but HT on and Game Mode on and see no stutters after the last patch...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

457.51 is the latest driver, not 457.30.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

457.51 is just released... 🙂

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV