Sign in to follow this  
Sunlightnsk

Possible discount on MSFS2020?

Hello everyone,

I am new to MSFS and looking forward to purchase MSFS 2020 Standard, but curious if I can expect any discount from Microsoft\Steam on upcoming boxing day?

I was waiting for discount on Black Friday, but with no luck - price remains the same.

What do you guys think? May I found any discount on Boxing Day?

Thanks.

I don’t think anyone outside of the U.K. and maybe Australia/ NZ has any concept of what Boxing Day is. The 26th is a normal working day in the US I believe.

Welcome to AvSim. 👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

How about a partial refund instead?

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

If there is nothing on Black Friday then the odds are not great for Xmas but who knows? 

You could check what the price is for xbox gamepass in your area. There are usually promotions for that and if its cheap enough it can be an option until you are ready to buy the game outright.

Edited by sanh
  • Like 1

Thank you for your opinions, guys. 

fppilot, partial refund? I am sorry, how is this possible? PS: I have never purchased any app from Microsoft online store.

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t think anyone outside of the U.K. and maybe Australia/ NZ has any concept of what Boxing Day is. The 26th is a normal working day in the US I believe.

Welcome to AvSim. 👍

And Canada. We have both Black Friday and Boxing Day sales. 😉

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

I believe you can still try it out for $1 for the first month with xbox game pass.

Be very careful about buying any marketplace addons if you do that though, you can potentially lose access to your addons if you later get the standalone version unless you do it exactly right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JimBrown said:

And Canada. We have both Black Friday and Boxing Day sales. 😉

...jim

Sorry for forgetting Canada. 🙂

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

20 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

Time to time there is a discount for GamePass users. I bought mine like this. Just do the $1 trial and buy it for a discount.

It's $95.99 now for Game Pass customers. So if I buy it and cancel Game Pass I will have the FULL Premium Deluxe version?

I am cancelling before the 16th as Game Pass increased their monthly subscriptions prices.

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Game pass users, no one heard of Microsoft Rewards? You do daily activities and get points then you get rewards from Microsoft. One of them is either a one month or 3 month xbox game pass for pc. I have only paid the initial £1 price for MS FS 2020 on Game pass after that been getting free 1 month Xbox game pass for pc. It is only the standard version but I'm happy with that. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/rewards

Edited by 777

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

47 minutes ago, in2tech said:

It's $95.99 now for Game Pass customers. So if I buy it and cancel Game Pass I will have the FULL Premium Deluxe version?

I am cancelling before the 16th as Game Pass increased their monthly subscriptions prices.

Yes that's how it worked for me. Just I bought the Standard version as I don't see any benefit in the Deluxe versions.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Or, find somebody that works for M$. A friend of my daughters got me the Premium Deluxe code and it cost $61.00. It's nice to have friends.

The post by 777 is right though. Using Microsoft Rewards can help on GamePass. Takes less than 5 minutes a day to do. 

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

The Experimental Aircraft Association has a MSFS discount for its members. But if you aren't a member for other reasons it's not worth it, 'cause membership costs $40 and only saves you $10.