Sign in to follow this  
raptor1

Need Tflight Hotas1 rudder sensitivity settings help

Hi all, I recently purchased this controller without rudder pedals,

and I need a step by step guide on sensitivity settings in MSFS 2020.

Right now the rudder is way too sensitive when twisting the yoke control.

Thanks

Check that it is calibrated in windows, type joy.cpl in the windows 10 search box.

Though if you have the thrustmaster software installed it may disable this, and it doesn't have a calibration feature of it's own, just a panel that shows you if the axes and buttons are being operated.

The thrustmaster software is useless, so just remove it if you can't access the windows joy.cpl app, reboot and you will get that back.

Thanks for your reply,

I need help with the MSFS control sensitivity settings for the rudder being too sensitive and want to get a more realistic response from the rudder.

I would suggest changing the 'effectiveness' in addition to the sensitivity. I set sensitivity to -55 on both ends (rudder) in the MSFS controller window.

Effectiveness will help more than any sensitivity adjustment (rudder, aileron and/or elevator). Most flight_model.cfg will have those 3 effectivenesses set at 1.0

I reset them to about 0.14 for each plane.

Below is the most useful message I ever found on Avsim about MSFS, suddenly my control frustrations were over. Was by Ralph9636 way back on August 26 (his suggested effectivenesses are even more drastict than mine).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.