Sign in to follow this  
kekelekou

CropDusterX compatibility Mod for Alabeo’s Pawnee

Hello fellow simmers!

A few addon airplanes are well suited for CropDusterX, Alabeo's Piper Pawnee is one of them.

So I thought I could get the best of both of them : the original 2D control panels of CropDusterX are now integrated in the VC, a lightbar is added to the nose so that the pilot can flight the exact track required, and of course, the gauge compatibility is now ensured.

The mod is available here : https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=220017

The mod was tested in FSX, but I suspect the mod should work in P3D v2 and v3, maybe in v4.

Thanks to Alabeo for allowing me to share the modified VC and external MDL files, and to Lorby-SI for their module.

A few pictures :

50657690202_3eb527851e_b.jpg

50657596231_b7581f5580_b.jpg

50657596531_61b1a9cdf7_b.jpg

50657690342_139c452ed8_z.jpg

The last picture only highlights the new interactions from my mod. The blue, circular SatLoc buttons are functional and managed by CropDusterX.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 6:47 AM, kekelekou said:

You are welcome! Glad you like it!

Got installed ok into P3D as per instructions and modified the aircraft.cfg. Everything seems to work except for the lightbar display out at the front of the nose behind the cowling the screen is dead it won't turn on when I turn on the Satloc.

The Satloc control embedded in the VC turns on when the avionics are turned on and the LED for the satloc timer can be set and the blue buttons illuminate. Radio is on.

I notice that there is no lightbar 2D panel in the instrument panel list any more.

If you have the time do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by glider1

Hello glider1!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Thanks for the rather comprehensive feedback.

Can you toggle between the normal lightbar position and the closeup one? Does the closeup one work?

Can you set the timer/GPA value from the VC with the buttons?

Would you please share some pictures of the issue? Either here, by PM or by email? Thank you.

And you are correct : I deleted the 2D lightbar panel since it was not supposed to be necessary anymore.

You can restore it from the default panel file (just tell me if you need help).

Edited by kekelekou

11 hours ago, kekelekou said:

And you are correct : I deleted the 2D lightbar panel since it was not supposed to be necessary anymore.

You can restore it from the default panel file (just tell me if you need help).

Thanks got it going the light bar display looks awesome in VR too great job on it. 

It wasn't your problem it was on my end. For some reason now that I'm testing in P3Dv5 I have to designate the lightbar like this:

gauge00=CDX_Lightbar_P3D_V5!CDXLightBar,0,865,1024,159

instead of 

gauge00=CDX_Lightbar!CDXLightBar,0,865,1024,159

So I changed it in both locations in panel.cfg and re-enabled the 2D panel with:

Window05=LightBar Display 

But the 2D panel isn't needed you are correct.

The click spot on the Satloc works too so that the lightbar comes up nice and close to the cockpit in case I need to read it more clearly.

Thanks a lot and am spending time with your mod, the Piper Pawnee, and CropdusterX over Christmas.

• Like 1

Nailed it!

The gauges that run CropDusterX have different names depending on the sim version, as specified in the manual. So the panel entry has to be changed accordingly.

Safe dusting and merry Xmas!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, glider1 said:

For some reason

All the lightbar gauge DLLs have been compiled with the libraries specific to the simulator that you are using them with. I gave them different names so they can't be confused, because using a wrong DLL can crash the sim (especially in the 32 vs. 64 bit case).

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

I had the same trouble, thanks for posting this.  Mine is the steam addition, and i had to change it to:

gauge00=CDX_Lightbar_se!CDXLightBar,0,865,1024,159

in the FSX Aircraft Folder, change the line in the file Panel.cfg (located in the alabeo pa-35_pawnee/panel.cdx folder)

Thanks again to everyone involved, this whole setup is really brilliant.