Sign in to follow this  
kenny584

Hi Folks.

HI Guys. Regarding starting the default 152, I'll try all of those things and Glenn, Ctrl plus E does start it. That's always the fallback isn't it...The fuel tank gauges do show fuel in the tanks but I'll certainly check to be sure.

Thanks Jim for all the advice regarding the lessons and I'll check my downloads location. My default is simply the Downloads folder in Windows Explorer on a daily basis but I'll go check the actual sim folders as well.

Best Regards...Kenny.

I fly a 172 in real life but have flown a 152 for like 50 of my around 500 hours.  Have had my private for 8 years.  If you engine is cranking but won’t start make sure your mixture nob is in.  When starting the engine in real life with an SP model(like the 172 in the game) you turn the ignition switch to on and then once the engine begins to light you push the mixture in all the way to get it started.  Make sure you have the Master switch on before( so the electrical system is functioning)  The 152 starts different though.  You start it with full mixture in after priming the engine.  So once you are ready to start the engine you shove the mixture full in, turn the ignition to start and the engine should turn right over and start.  It’s the same way older 172’s start( like the P model I fly.)

If your radios are not on make sure you have both the master switch( both side of the red switch to the left of the yoke) and the avionics master pushed in.  The engine will start fine without the avionics master pushed in( in fact flipping the avionics switch on comes after engine start in real life.) but if you don’t have both these switches on you won’t see the radios.

Hope this helps!

Edited by jspilot

Yesterday it was the first time I tried to follow the start procedure of the C 172 and I had the same problem as you had. I thougt I had copied the first part of the checklist to a Word document, but today I started to compare what I did with the auto start function with Auto Complete Item and Evaluation. I was not sure if I correctly interpreted things like open 1/4 inch on my monitor.

It took me some time, but finally I found out that I skipped the Before starting engine part of the checklist. In my case it was the Fuel shutoff valve item that was missing from the procedure. 

So, maybe doing the procedure step by step with the help of Evaluation might help finding what goes wrong. 

Best regards,

Jan

9 minutes ago, wandelen said:

It took me some time, but finally I found out that I skipped the Before starting engine part of the checklist. In my case it was the Fuel shutoff valve item that was missing from the procedure. 

See my first answer to the OP.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Ah, yes, likewise. I read that, but it didn't say much to me, having skipped that part of the checklist. But actually it was fun to delve deeper in flying an aircraft. In FSX I mostly didn't try this.

Best regards, 

Jan

I do agree I wouldn't have found it without the checklist either (that was early in the alpha). The checklists with the highlighting are a pretty feature, even if they are not complete yet.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hello again.

All good now. I took out the few items of downloaded content I had in the Community folder as per Jim's suggestion and for some reason the 152 starts first time and the radios come alive. Also, the Lessons are now available without any error messages. I have been simming for a while but as with anything new there are always some gotcha's to overcome.

Thanks for all your headscratching and input. I appreciate all your replies and help.

Best Regards...Kenny.

• Like 1