Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Release 1.11.6.0 mini patch ???

38 minutes ago, DAD said:

alright, just firing up MSFS with default neo only and try the very same LOWI-LFMN flight again in a second few minutes, thanks also for the SEC1 video, may try that as well

EDIT so far all good. climbs nicely and after I enabled AP it smoothly turns towards FMS active leg and intercepts it nicely. right now FL180 as cleared by ATC and no rocking/banking at all...

something completely different: RWY26 at LOWI has quite a dip (again), during takeoff run the neo is literally thrown into the air like a catapult start. I do have ORBX LOWI installed. I know a workaround was before to manually delete Asobo's LOWI scenery but I would expect that I am not required to manually interfere with any /official files...

descend into LFMN now, veeery smooth flight so far

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

This update is the textbook definition of the placebo effect in MSFS.  People claim that autopilot has changed, or the FPS improved (or FPS got worse) , when in reality, the update only changed the AIRAC cycle, with new Navdata.

• Like 7

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Good to be enlightened 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Update

Hi everyone, this small update corresponds to the AIRAC cycle being updated with new navdata (Cycle 13)

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/strange-update-1-11-6-0/331031/37

• Like 1

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

Nav Data updates monthly so this would be interesting if they will follow the same cadence as the real world (and impressive).

One proof point, if you fly the ILS into KAVL it takes you down to the new runway which Flight Sim doesn't have yet (modeled very blurry). Just tried that after a 2 hour flight down to mins and had to quickly side step :).

24 minutes ago, DAD said:

descend into LFMN now, veeery smooth flight so far

with the mod?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

20 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

This update is the textbook definition of the placebo effect in MSFS.  People claim that autopilot has changed, or the FPS improved (or FPS got worse) , when in reality, the update only changed the AIRAC cycle, with new Navdata.

sure? there were quite some change log information when it downloaded my 1GiB though I cannot recall whether they were the same as for the initial 1.10.6 version...

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

18 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

That's what I can conclude.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

with the mod?

without. vanilla default neo. very smooth, cleared for VOR DME Rwy22 now

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

Just now, DAD said:

without. vanilla default neo. very smooth, cleared for VOR DME Rwy22 now

I'm going to see how the Bonanza behaves.

So the changelog was from the previous update?

Because it says "invisible spoiler removed on the cessna 208B". so i guess it was fixed with patch 7.....but actually NO. The cfg entry is still there.

1 hour ago, DAD said:

do you use the FBW mod? Just asking because the rocking happened to me earlier today with stable mod 0.4.2 also PRIOR to this mini update. Hence I just reboot my pc without the mod to see whether the default neo behaves better

If using FBW mod this is a known issue - turn off SEC1 and disable/enable AP to workaround.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

No release note, so let the speculation continue.

LOL, they put wind in the Alaska bush trip 😄 They realized how bad the cloud reflections were on flat water...

Edit: nothing has changed, still blocky like Tetris 😞

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png