Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Release 1.11.6.0 mini patch ???

9 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Not a glitch, by the looks of it ... I also got an update. It's still called 1.11.6.0 ...

The USA release was 1.11.5.0 and this was 1.11.6.0.

Edited by FlyingInACessna

8 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

The update has nothing to performance or Autopilot fix, is an update to the Navdata cycle, here is the post from the MSFS mods:

That’s awesome! This means they’ll be updating the nav data on the day it comes out eh? Way better than the “with every update” they were going to do before!

....and for me, the Longitude now causes a CTD on loading the flight. First thought it would be a mod, but it also crashes without the mod. So there must be more than just a nav update i guess. 

Didn't fix my CTD's. I just loaded the TBM up in KMDL and took off, set the autopilot to see how far she'd fly or if she'd CTD. Flew for about 40 mins and CTD 😞

John Snyder Jr

6 minutes ago, John Snyder Jr said:

Didn't fix my CTD's. I just loaded the TBM up in KMDL and took off, set the autopilot to see how far she'd fly or if she'd CTD. Flew for about 40 mins and CTD 😞

Seriously guys, how should a Nav update fix any CTDs?

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Just now, AnkH said:

Seriously guys, how should a Nav update fix any CTDs?

If the CTD is caused by the FMS code?

Asobo needs to look up the concept of 'exception handling' in a first year CS textbook.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

If the CTD is caused by the FMS code?

Asobo needs to look up the concept of 'exception handling' in a first year CS textbook.

Yes, the amount of time this program drops straight to desktop with things like the click points in the Carenado aircraft is really poor.  No error messages or codes to report at all. 

Also, I just had the recurring loop on file 2.  They still haven't fixed this issue.  I have read you have to use netlimiter at 4mb/s to get it to finish download if you get this.  I won't do that.  I have been trying for three hours now to update and get into the sim, for navdata that I never even use as I fly VFR in the light aircraft.  I wish they could make the navdata a background download.  I have poor internet, and it takes about 40 minutes per gigabyte.  Really frustrating.  It stops after a few percent on fs-base-01.  Shows downloading then jumps back to zero and goes again.  A common problem it seems.

It downloaded the last update fine and I have nothing in the official folder.  The is really becoming the best and worst of experiences at the same time.  I said I wouldn't bother with MSFS until the next patch - I must be mad! 

EDIT:  Thanks to Steku for the work-around in tips and tricks.  No Netlimiter, but I downloaded the new Nvidia drivers and watched YuoTube in the background, and the update is now going through.  Once in, I will set my internet limitation back to zero or unlimited.  I set it to 5mb/s to try it and it caused this issue apparently.  Sometimes this program really is a crock!..

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Some of the nav data (ILSes) is tied to the airport .BGL files in MSFS.  It's not stored in the same way it it is stored in LittleNavMap.  There are also .BGLs with just nav data in them.  So there is a bunch of stuff that has to be updated just to apply new nav data to the sim.

OK I can see that.  Now anyone who remembers Falcon 4.0 and the F/A-18 addon will recall RTPatch which in its day was revolutionary because it just patched files rather than force you to download the entire file.  I realize that we are all obscenely bandwidth wealthy but do they not pull down data and just patch or are they actually pushing entire game files?  That's really not very efficient for them as their user base grows, not to mention really not cool for those who don't live in areas with hardline access.  I'm curious which it is if anyone knows.

The CJ4 has a hot fix to correct lateral following.    Get latest version flys like a dream. 

Cheers

The CJ4 has a hot fix to correct lateral following.    Get latest version flys like a dream. 

Cheers

Everyone keeps talking about a 1GB update from 1.11.5 -> 1,11.6. Yeah, I got an update that size when I started up, but after it completed, it proceeded to download another 24GB of content. What gives? And this is just navdata and a couple tweaks? What gives?

It's like it's downloaded and reinstalling the entire set of patches from beginning to end all over again....I'm watching a billion incremental patches to fs-base-*.fspatch get applied. Is this normal?

Edited by DAL1850

1 hour ago, DAL1850 said:

Everyone keeps talking about a 1GB update from 1.11.5 -> 1,11.6. Yeah, I got an update that size when I started up, but after it completed, it proceeded to download another 24GB of content. What gives?

I believe that the updater detects some core files have been changed in some way and proceeds to replace them by the originals.  If you never touched the core files, only the 1 GB update would be downloaded.  And it is from 1.11.6 to 1.11.6.  No version change.

• Upvote 1

Bert

25 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I believe that the updater detects some core files have been changed in some way and proceeds to replace them by the originals.  If you never touched the core files, only the 1 GB update would be downloaded.  And it is from 1.11.6 to 1.11.6.  No version change.

Perhaps the autumn foliage update I added recently caused this. Still, to download the entire game to patch 2 xml files. I'm not sure my data bandwidth is going to tolerate this sim well. She's a beautiful sim, but silly details like this really get under the skin quickly.

EDIT: I think that's exactly what caused this. Just checked my vegitation folder and it's been "scrubbed". Le sigh. Do not want to be dealing with this noise every week.

Edited by DAL1850