Sign in to follow this  
dpergau

RealAir planes in v5?

Hi all

This may be a pipe dream but has anyone had any luck getting the RealAir planes to work in v5?  I really enjoy flying them in v4 so I'm hoping they will work in the new sim.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

Lancair Legacy and Turbine Duke with their dual Flight 1 GTN 750s going great guns in my v5.1hf1

xxd09

• Like 1

You made my day... that's fantastic news!  I'm hoping my RXP GTN750 will work as well.  Do you just point the installer to v5?

Thanks,

Dan

• Like 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

I have also successfully installed the B60 Duke. There is one issue, seemingly related to Active Sky, where when I take off and climb the plane goes "berserk" at about 2K AGL. Haven't attempted to iron out what is ultimately causing the issue, but the Duke works just fine.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

3 hours ago, dpergau said:

You made my day... that's fantastic news!  I'm hoping my RXP GTN750 will work as well.  Do you just point the installer to v5?

Thanks,

Dan

If you still have V4 installed, I believe you can copy over the aircraft folder..

• Like 2

Bert

2 hours ago, Howellerman said:

I have also successfully installed the B60 Duke. There is one issue, seemingly related to Active Sky, where when I take off and climb the plane goes "berserk" at about 2K AGL. Haven't attempted to iron out what is ultimately causing the issue, but the Duke works just fine.

Do you hear sounds like moving flaps? I don't have them with the B60 Duke (Turbo Prop).

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you still have V4 installed, I believe you can copy over the aircraft folder..

Great to see you Bert!  I’ll give that a try. 

Thanks

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hi Bert.  What about the gauges are there any in the p3D4 gauges folder that need copying?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

6 hours ago, Nemo said:

Do you hear sounds like moving flaps? I don't have them with the B60 Duke (Turbo Prop).

You need the sound fix files added that we used back when RealAir went out of business. Everything works well in v5 as it did in v4. If you have the addon files from v4 just copy them over and all is good.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Hi Bert.  What about the gauges are there any in the p3D4 gauges folder that need copying?  Thanks.

Bruceb

The gauges are in the panel folder, but there may be Effects files that need to be copied over.

Look for RAS*** in the Effects folder

Bert

So to install the Legacy in v5 the sound fix files  are still needed??

it would be the second file at this link??

https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

48 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

So to install the Legacy in v5 the sound fix files  are still needed??

it would be the second file at this link??

https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

If you already have it working V4, you can reuse the V4 version in V5.

The sound fixes are for when moving from FSX or V3 (32bit) to a later (64 bit) release.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hi:

Need some advice please before I start install for v5.  I DO NOT have v4 install.  I've downloaded the installer but the only option is Microsoft FSX...other options are greyed out.

Not sure what else to do.   Maybe it won't work since I can't copy any of the v4 files over.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Maybe you need a v4 install. Do you own v4? Then install it and use it for installations. It's not a lot of work to install the sim only. 

If you haven't got v4, then check with google for installing p3d4 addons in v5. There are several tutorials. I didn't test myself since I have v4 still installed and FSX too.

Maybe the FSX version is the same. Some FSX planes work flawlessly in P3D5.

Dan

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I keep a old copy of v4.5 in place 

For Carenado aircraft originally 

When the option of a V4 installation comes up you change it v5 and this works if the plane chosen works in v5

A list of planes that work in v5 would be useful 

I get the Sibwings AN2 to work as well

xxd09

Edited by xxd09
Spelling