Sign in to follow this  
dpergau

RealAir planes in v5?

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi:

Need some advice please before I start install for v5.  I DO NOT have v4 install.  I've downloaded the installer but the only option is Microsoft FSX...other options are greyed out.

Not sure what else to do.   Maybe it won't work since I can't copy any of the v4 files over.

Hi Aaron

This worked for me - straight V5 install as I did not have P3D v4 as well.

20 hours ago, Nemo said:

Do you hear sounds like moving flaps? I don't have them with the B60 Duke (Turbo Prop).

Hi Nemo. Yes, I do, in all their thunderous glory (the Duke flaps have always been LOUD).

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

14 minutes ago, Howellerman said:

Hi Nemo. Yes, I do, in all their thunderous glory (the Duke flaps have always been LOUD).

I've recently installed the (non turbine) Duke in 5.1 and all went good, but I had not any internal sound. Engine sound yes but switches and flaps, no sound at all. According to the "Installation_Redme.pdff", the installer "RASDukeB60v2_FSX_P3D.exe" is described to be compatible with P3Dv4. I also had it working with P3Dv4.4 or4.5 but now it does not work anymore. Unfortunately I have no backup of my older P3Dv4.x installations. Any ideas?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

23 hours ago, Nemo said:

I've recently installed the (non turbine) Duke in 5.1 and all went good, but I had not any internal sound. Engine sound yes but switches and flaps, no sound at all. According to the "Installation_Redme.pdff", the installer "RASDukeB60v2_FSX_P3D.exe" is described to be compatible with P3Dv4. I also had it working with P3Dv4.4 or4.5 but now it does not work anymore. Unfortunately I have no backup of my older P3Dv4.x installations. Any ideas?

Did you try the steps outlined in the video listed above?

As for me, I hacked the Registry and created a dummy V4 entry that pointed to my V5 installation. 

Google "prepar3d registry v5" and you will find a number of entries. I used the one outlined in the A2A forums - it should be visible as a guest if you do not have an A2A account.

Good luck!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

On 12/4/2020 at 1:30 AM, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi Aaron

This worked for me - straight V5 install as I did not have P3D v4 as well.

Thank you for that...looks a little worry some for me.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thank you for that...looks a little worry some for me.

Probably, but for me, it was worth the risk 🙂

2020-12-1_11-35-56-813

2020-12-1_11-37-6-956

I had sad issue with greyed out installation options.   
Installed my old copy of P3Dv4 on my spare laptop.  Installed Legacy v2 into it.  Copied LegacyV2 folder from Users/.../addons onto thumb drive and pasted it into same folder on my sim PC.  Works perfectly with sound. 

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

38 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

I had sad issue with greyed out installation options.   
Installed my old copy of P3Dv4 on my spare laptop.  Installed Legacy v2 into it.  Copied LegacyV2 folder from Users/.../addons onto thumb drive and pasted it into same folder on my sim PC.  Works perfectly with sound. 

Good idea.  Maybe I'll give that a try.  

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I have the Legacy v2 in v5.1.1 and all works great EXCEPT for landing lights. At some older add on airports the lights just BARELY illuminate the runway enough to see a taxiway turnoff. I tried to install Shockwave lights but the installer won't allow it. Anyone know how to improve runway illumination at non PBR surface airports for the Legacy?

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Does anyone have an issue with green and pink vertical lines across the glass surfaces of the gauges in v5 with the RealAir Dukes?

When I upgraded from v4 to v5 I just copied over the "...\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder to "...\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" and they seem to work fine for the most part, except the lines on the gauge glass and the engine sound changing drastically when the sim plays another sound, like the touchdown or flaps. These issues affect other aircraft though, so perhaps its an issue with the sim or my settings (which I have left mostly stock).

35 minutes ago, crushnik said:

Does anyone have an issue with green and pink vertical lines across the glass surfaces of the gauges in v5 with the RealAir Dukes?

In the RA config app, you can uncheck Gauge dust and reflections..

Or, you can edit the Options.xml file for the airplane and set 1 for Hide Gauge Dust etc

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

50 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

In the RA config app, you can uncheck Gauge dust and reflections..

Or, you can edit the Options.xml file for the airplane and set 1 for Hide Gauge Dust etc

Thanks Bert! I found the Options.xml file here (C:\...\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Turbine Duke V2 P3D4\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine V2\panel\Config\Options.xml)

The configuration program doesn't work with the v5.1 apparently (perhaps because I installed to v4 Add-ons folder), so is there also a way to edit the bits like touchdown thump strength, needle bounce, and so on?

On 12/8/2020 at 12:00 AM, bbuckley said:

I have the Legacy v2 in v5.1.1 and all works great EXCEPT for landing lights. At some older add on airports the lights just BARELY illuminate the runway enough to see a taxiway turnoff. I tried to install Shockwave lights but the installer won't allow it. Anyone know how to improve runway illumination at non PBR surface airports for the Legacy?

Yeah I noticed the same, and the fix was...

To use shockwave lights.

But you have to put them in manually, the shockwave lights manual describes how (it is fiddly though).

I've been replacing lights left right and centre in aircraft that need them since I found out how.

aircraft.cfg

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=Taxi, 7=Recognition, 9=Logo

// =============================================
// !!===== LIGHTS NOW PART OF MDL FILE =======!!
// =============================================

// TBM 06/08/2020 Added shockwave lights as the default are just dots that do not dynamicaly illuminate.
// Light type, -back +forward, -left +right. -down +up
light.0 = 5, -2.2, -3.6, -1.1, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_xenon    // Shockwave light
light.1 = 5, -2.2,  3.6, -1.1, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_xenon    // Shockwave light

Cheers R

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

3 hours ago, Rogen said:

Yeah I noticed the same, and the fix was...

To use shockwave lights.

But you have to put them in manually, the shockwave lights manual describes how (it is fiddly though).

Thanks. I bought the shockwave lights but the installer won't install into P3D and I've no ago removed FSX. I even tried reinstalling FSX just to install the lights and transfer the right shockwave light files to P3D but that failed. I had an issue with the FSX installer and didn't want to risk me P3Dv5 setup.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11