Sign in to follow this  
dpergau

RealAir planes in v5?

19 hours ago, bbuckley said:

Thanks. I bought the shockwave lights but the installer won't install into P3D and I've no ago removed FSX. I even tried reinstalling FSX just to install the lights and transfer the right shockwave light files to P3D but that failed. I had an issue with the FSX installer and didn't want to risk me P3Dv5 setup.

Arrrrh, yes...

Forgot about the extraction of the shockwave installer, I actually have the shockwave files in P3D via the xml addon method.

Cannot remember how I got the files extracted from the installer unfortunately.

I'll have a look on the weekend

Cheers R

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 2/23/2021 at 3:58 PM, Bert Pieke said:

In the RA config app, you can uncheck Gauge dust and reflections..

Or, you can edit the Options.xml file for the airplane and set 1 for Hide Gauge Dust etc

Actually I am not getting anywhere making changes in the RealView app or by editing the Options.xml. Whatever changes I make don't show up in the sim. I still have the multicolored vertical lines on the gauges and the dust/gauge reflections aren't going anywhere. Here is what I have:

<Element>
        <Select>
            <Value>(G:Var1) 1 == if{ 1 (>L:hideGaugeRefl,bool) }</Value>
        </Select>
    </Element>

<Element>
        <Select>
            <Value>(G:Var1) 1 == if{ 1 (>L:hideGaugeDust,bool) }</Value>
        </Select>
    </Element>

1 hour ago, crushnik said:

Actually I am not getting anywhere making changes in the RealView app or by editing the Options.xml. Whatever changes I make don't show up in the sim. I still have the multicolored vertical lines on the gauges and the dust/gauge reflections aren't going anywhere. Here is what I have:

<Element>
        <Select>
            <Value>(G:Var1) 1 == if{ 1 (>L:hideGaugeRefl,bool) }</Value>
        </Select>
    </Element>

<Element>
        <Select>
            <Value>(G:Var1) 1 == if{ 1 (>L:hideGaugeDust,bool) }</Value>
        </Select>
    </Element>

Try (G:Var1) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:    etc

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Try (G:Var1) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:    etc

Everything was "0" before I changed the gauge glass settings. The settings in the control panel program and the Options.xml file don't seem to match up.

Might be that I have to either deal with it or find a new plane.

3 hours ago, crushnik said:

Everything was "0" before I changed the gauge glass settings. The settings in the control panel program and the Options.xml file don't seem to match up.

Might be that I have to either deal with it or find a new plane.

Look more closely... it likely was (G:Var1) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:  before

Now, it should be  (G:Var1) 0 == if{ 1 (>L: 

Is the Options.xml in the panel folder that you are using?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I wrote close to a quarter million lines of code during my professional career, ranging from Assembler through Fortran, PL/1, Basic, and C/C++. I find that these new XML-based languages drive me bonkers. So much non-operational syntax surrounding the actual conditional tests, which in turn are too easy to garf-up given the dingle-berry syntax in the example above!

And yes, I am a certified Old Fart.

• Like 1

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

1 hour ago, Howellerman said:

I wrote close to a quarter million lines of code during my professional career, ranging from Assembler through Fortran, PL/1, Basic, and C/C++. I find that these new XML-based languages drive me bonkers. So much non-operational syntax surrounding the actual conditional tests, which in turn are too easy to garf-up given the dingle-berry syntax in the example above!

And yes, I am a certified Old Fart.

Well, in this case the syntax is actually not that complicated..

This is an initialization routine that gets executed once with (G:Var1) equals 0, at the end of the routine, (G:Var1) gets set to 1.

The actual line, when executed, assigns a value to the L:hide.. variable, 0 if the hide should not be active, 1 if the hide is active.

I also came up the line via Fortran etc.. and yes XML is different and finicky, but not hard to read..

Bert

Sounds like there is hope, and the more problems I run into the more solutions I find thanks to help from others. I made sure to save the changes as per your suggestions Bert, but it hasn't affected the cockpit in the simulator yet. Any chance there is another file or line of code overriding the changes? Does anyone have an example from a P3Dv5.1 cockpit where the gauge glass and dust are successfully disabled?

Thanks,
Chris

This is probably new to no one but me, but I found out that by switching to another plane and then switching back, the changes I made (such as removing gauge reflections and dust) appeared. I thought that going to vehicle select and choosing the same aircraft refreshed everything related to the aircraft.

But the pesky pink/green/purple vertical lines are still flickering in and out of my cockpit's digital displays.

On 2/28/2021 at 4:43 AM, crushnik said:

Does anyone have an example from a P3Dv5.1 cockpit where the gauge glass and dust are successfully disabled?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris

I went the "registry-trick" install route.

Snipped these off a test-run for REX SF today:

DukeCFGPanel_v5

2021-4-6_16-1-45-738 (2)

2021-4-6_16-7-2-554 (2)

Edited by Tokitaumelie