Sign in to follow this  
sac601

Building Computer for FS2020

I am looking for a new computor and started with these specs. Anyone could tell me if it's good and best to start?

Thanks, Al

WINDOW= Window 10 64-bit

CPU= 10th Generation Intel Core i9-10900F processor

PROCESSOR SPEED= 3.6GHz

VRAM= 8GB

RAM= 128GB

HDD= 150GB or 128GB

HARD DISK DRIVE CAPACITY= 2TB

VIDEO CART= Dual NVidia RTX 2080 Ti or RTX 3080 GPU

Power Supply= 800 Watts

Cooler= Deep cool

Capability DLSS Support to turn on

Al

There’s a good hardware section on avsim that might be able to help you but at a glance.

HDD 150gb /128gb - I’d try an get an SSD drive to run MSFS plus that’s not really enough storage if you intend to add to the sim overtime I’d be looking at 500gb minimum.

GPU - The 3080 is a better graphics card, there’s not a lot of value to be had in purchasing a 2080ti at this point if you choosing between these two.

Edited by Carts85

Thanks for the feed back. If you would have $4000 to buy a Computor for FS 2020 which spect would you choose?  

thanks

Al

Dual 2080 TI is asking for trouble. SLI is not in a happy place these days, I would go for a single 3080 or even a 3090 not two 2080ti .

Regardless of two SLI 2080 or a single 3080 the 800w power supply is borderline on being too small, consider getting 1000/1100 W to give you some headroom.

128 GB RAM seems unnecessary just 64GB is fine.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Upvote 1

If that system costs $4.000 then it's just terrible value. It should cost at least half that amount. With $4.000 you should just be aiming for the very best. i9-10900K (or Zen 3 if it's in stock), RTX 3090, very fast RAM, at least 1TB SSD (PCIe 4.0 if you go with an AMD platform), a PSU from a reputable brand, and water cooling.

I understand you might not want to build the system yourself, especially if you can spend a lot on it, but I would strongly recommend finding a different boutique PC brand. Much of the information here is wrong, I presume they mean a 150GB or 128GB SSD, and neither the RTX 2080 Ti or the RTX 3080 come with 8GB VRAM. And if the specific models are not listed, it is likely the included PSU and storage will be garbage-tier. You can do much, much, much better with $4.000.

Thank you everyone. I modified as follow.

WINDOW= Window 10 64-bit

CPU= Intel Core i9-10900KF processor

PROCESSOR SPEED= 5.3 GHz

VRAM= 24GB

RAM= 128GB

Hard Drive SSD= 2TB

VIDEO CART= RTX TX 3090 GPU

Power Supply= 1500 Watts

Cooler= Deep water cool

Any comment or adviced on this?

I really appreciate your feedback

Al