Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

hello, empty airports when arriving

Hi. I've been using PSXT_MSFS version, and everything works great.

I have a question, every time I arrive at an airport, it is empty. I have used PPG_MSFS, and everything works fine, but is there a way to have the airports not empty, with the relevant percentage, when one arrives at a new airport? Or do I have to wait several hours once I have landed to be able to see planes in the gates?

thanks!

7 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

Or do I have to wait several hours once I have landed to be able to see planes in the gates?

Indeed, just let your sim run for a number of hours, you should give PSXT_MSFS the time to learn.

If you land there the following day again, you will see (some) parked aircraft. 

Do note that since there are  not many liveries yet for MSFS, there will be not many liveries available for the airport files too. So you are a little bit too early.

It will take a long time before MSFS is at the same level as P3D/FSX, especially in these corona days.

If you want full airports you better go back to P3D/FSX.  PSXT_MSFS is still in beta.

Nico

Edited by kiek

ah ok. 

anyway. when i fly to a new airport, i want to discover it for the first time. I mean, if i load it before and let it running for a number of hours, its as if i were there, indeed.

one of the main things for me in fly simulation (this is personal) means the fact of discovering every time a new airport. finding something new. watching new combination of clouds. haveing "new" flight not equal that the last one.  MSFS is great for that.

i remember sometime ago that this was not the same procedure in p3d. i was landing at the airport (for the first time) and i had many planes parked. (at random). but, it was nice arriving in an airport with "buildings and planes".

i will take your answer and try to load my destination (sometimes we really dont know what destination are we going to fly next day), without watching the screen. hahahaah...its funny but as all this sutff is being made just for that: "making real something that is not".

(if you have another good ideas about that, without returning to p3d, even if the ai planes model dont match with real ones, im happy to use it!)

thanks

Edited by abranpuko

35 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

i remember sometime ago that this was not the same procedure in p3d. i was landing at the airport (for the first time) and i had many planes parked. (at random). but, it was nice arriving in an airport with "buildings and planes".

Yes that was the case before version 18.0. In those versions PPG placed aircraft at parking positions in the airport file.  However, it had no idea about who was flying there, so it was not very realistic.  With the addition of soft learning it will not take long before you will have an airport file with options.  Especially after corona.

Edited by kiek