Hi,

Latest everything no weather depiction

Any one having something on the radar ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

12 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I had rain on my radar the other night with EA on in the FSL bus.

That's good news. I haven't been so lucky. In any case, the post I linked above comes directly from Damian Clark at HiFi

Enrique Vaamonde

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi,

Latest everything no weather depiction

Any one having something on the radar ?

Michael Moe

It was not working with EA on in the 787qw.

i then switched off EA and then checked it again.

and it was depicting in the radar.

mike

1 hour ago, evaamo said:

I'm sorry to say that with Rex, P3DWX, FSGRW it's completely working also in aircraft addons that claims to work only with ASP3D. I got it working with MJCQ400 (claimed only compatible with ASP) with P3DWX and REX but not with Active Sky, with EA ON, also with PMDG 737 ngxu (all variants), FSLABS, QW787... The only one success I`ve have with ASP3D with EA on has been with PMDG 747-800. 

You can try it and see it. For some of yours let me tell that in some cases I had to switch to REX on some aircrafts that has both options to get no native Radar wx addons like P3DWX working on. 

That's how I fixed. The bad news is that RealTurb only works for me with ASP3D!

Hope that helps

Cheers

Richard

• Upvote 1

I have make a quick and boring test and with the Majestiq Dash 8Q400 all the weather addons referred above including ASP3D works with EA on. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/824535880

Please just advance the video, it's unedited. I'm going to make a quick video with others addons.

Good news

Richard

3 hours ago, evaamo said:

What?

But we DO currently have a generalization (based on what the clouds would be in non-EA mode, which are not visually shown but similar in the general conditions sense) that is provided, affects realized precipitation, and radar is properly showing that (via our API or including wx gauge in airborne mode). It just doesn't sync 100% to the cloud scene in EA currently.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

38 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

What?

Well, I don't know if it has happened to you, but by reading above from other posters I can all but feel alone on this matter. I have witnessed empty radar returns with EA on, only to turn EA off and watch solid squalls in front of my aircraft.

Also, it seems you picked only a part of the text, which I'll include here for the sake of completeness:

"We have no idea of cloud positions in EA and we are unfortunately not expecting that to become possible in the near term, but we hope that it will be in the future. So we can't do a more realistic radar as with non-EA right now.  But we DO currently have a generalization (based on what the clouds would be in non-EA mode, which are not visually shown but similar in the general conditions sense) that is provided, affects realized precipitation, and radar is properly showing that (via our API or including wx gauge in airborne mode). It just doesn't sync 100% to the cloud scene in EA currently."

English may not be my main language, but by "generalization" I understand they are guessing where the cloud formations are, based on the non-EA cloud location and then proceed to draw it on the radar. I have not found this to be the case yet, and I find this limitation to be an argument against EA, since cloud formations are usually seen visually and then you as PIC would assess the risk of flying through them versus requesting a flight path deviation to ATC based on the radar returns. If you see radar returns on an empty sky, or if you visually confirm cloud formations ahead but with empty radar returns, then it kind of defeats the purpose of having a functional wx radar with EA on.

To conclude, and in my own personal experience, I have been unable to obtain radar returns in EA with RC3 or RC4.

Edited by evaamo

Enrique Vaamonde

10 minutes ago, evaamo said:

Well, I don't know if it has happened to you, but by reading above from other posters I can all but feel alone in this matter. I have witnessed empty radar returns with EA on, only to turn EA off and watch solid squalls in front of my aircraft.

Also, it seems you picked only a part of the text, which I'll include here for the sake of completness:

"We have no idea of cloud positions in EA and we are unfortunately not expecting that to become possible in the near term, but we hope that it will be in the future. So we can't do a more realistic radar as with non-EA right now.  But we DO currently have a generalization (based on what the clouds would be in non-EA mode, which are not visually shown but similar in the general conditions sense) that is provided, affects realized precipitation, and radar is properly showing that (via our API or including wx gauge in airborne mode). It just doesn't sync 100% to the cloud scene in EA currently."

English may not be my main language, but by "generalization" I understand they are guessing where the cloud formations are, based on the non-EA cloud location and then proceed to draw it on the radar. I have not found this to be the case yet, and I find this limitation to be an argument against EA, since cloud formations are usually seen visually and then you as PIC would assess the risk of flying through them versus requesting a flight path deviation to ATC based on the radar returns. If you see radar returns on an empty sky, or if you visually confirm cloud formations ahead but with empty radar returns, then it kind of defeats the purpose of having a functional wx radar with EA on.

To conclude, and in my own personal experience, I have been unable to obtain radar returns in EA with RC3 or RC4.

Hi 

I'm streaming now aboard of a B736 NGXu with AS Selected in options and I'm getting wx depictions, not clearly good. Did you check your simulation settings under pmdg options in fmc?

3 minutes ago, Gumerson said:

Hi 

I'm streaming now aboard of a B736 NGXu with AS Selected in options and I'm getting wx depictions, not clearly good. Did you check your simulation settings under pmdg options in fmc?

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. I will reinstall RC4 over the weekend and see if there's any improvements. How accurate were your radar returns with regards to the visible clouds in the sim?

Enrique Vaamonde

Just now, evaamo said:

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. I will reinstall RC4 over the weekend and see if there's any improvements. How accurate were your radar returns with regards to the visible clouds in the sim?

Not so good, I need to find the right weather scenery, testing now. I will let you know. 😉

• Like 1

You can take a quick look how it depicts P3DWX wx when you select REX INSTEAD of ASN in the fmc:

It seems more about that ASP3D it doen't fit now with EA on than EA it's not fiting with weather programs. I made a clip:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/824673551

Selecting ASN I got bad wx depiction in NGXU. Setting REX I got the good ones with P3DWX and I'm sure with Rex SKF

Please take in count this is not for promoting my channel, it's just for testing and help.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Gumerson
update content and link