Sign in to follow this  
Capt Budd

Problems using PBE and MSFS2020 with TrackIR 5

Greetings, has anyone on the forum been able use TrackIR and PBE simultaneously in MSFS2020? For me, when I start TrackIR and MSFS2020 then PBE, TrackIR 5 will freeze. I am unable to use TrackIR for the duration of the flight even when I quit PBE after using all of the callouts (e.g., fuel, catering, pushback, etc.). Note, I looked on the TrackIR 5 forum, but it appears that that forum is rather archaic and few moderators. Certainly few posts.        Win 10 Pro 20H2;    i7-8700k;    32 GB;    RTX 2070

Sorry, I've never used Track IR 5.

PBE is just a Windows form based C# app.  It runs outside of Flight simulator and only connects to the sim via Simconnect, so not sure how it could interfere.

You've googled Track IR and FS2020 I assume?

https://www.google.com/search?q=track+ir+5+fs2020&rlz=1C1CHBD_enKR903KR903&oq=track+ir+5+fs2020&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.4352j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Are you using voice or button control?...if it's voice control, try using button control to see if the problem remains or not

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I have googled TrackIR and have used it since FS2020 became available (and with X-plane 11) both prior to my purchase and use of PBE. I agree that I do not understand how one would interfere with another one, but it apparently does--at least it has happened several times that I've used the two together--and I cannot unlock it without restarting FS2020. PBE does work as it is supposed to, which I like. When using PBE I do have a mic so I do not use voice control...generally rudder. However, because it locks up TrackIR, I am now hesitant to use PBE as PBE commands are available in the ATC panel, whereas TrackIR is more relevant to my flying experience. 

I'll just experiment around some and see if there is a tweak or something that needs to be done. Thanks again.

Well I have TrackIR, 5 since time ago, but i don't have it installed in the same machine I have FS2020, I have it in an older PC, where I used FSX/P3D, but can you guide me on what I need to do or is there any software update I must download, to make TrackIR 5  works for FS2020?...so then I can test PBE on FS2020 machine along with TrackIR 5, and see if I can reproduce the problem?

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Thank you Manuel82.

I was experimenting around and finally got both of them to work together. I rebooted my machine, then I had to start PBE after MSFS2020 had finished loading and was at the menu stage. Now both work together just fine...hind sight I should have tried this before posting, but maybe someone else will encounter the problem.

Once I reread my original subject line, I notice that I could have made it much more clearer in that I have not had any problems using TrackIR 5 with MSFS2020, it was using PBE concurrently with TrackIR 5 and FS2020.

Manuel82, should you decide to use TrackIR 5, just visit the website and download the latest software 5.4.2

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/downloads/

TrackIR 5 updated their games to include MSFS2020. To use TrackIR just boot up before starting FS2020 (although I have also started it after starting the sim). Once FS2020 has completed loading you can hit the window key (if you are on full screen like I am) and start up Pushback Express; otherwise start PBE as normal. 

Edited by Capt Budd
update