Sign in to follow this  
ajaybala

X-Aviation licensing extreme workaround

Lol guys, lets not be ridiculous. 😉

No one likes DRM, not even the devs or vendors. In a world full of honest people we wouldn´t need it. So there you have it. It is here to stay.

If you don´t like X-Aviations DRM, don´t buy the products. Easy as that 👍.

You can always try the "my dog ate my homework" routine if you "somehow" 🙄 locked your own computer...but there is no legal obligation for XA to reset your licenses.

Cheers, Jan

5 minutes ago, Janov said:

If you don´t like X-Aviations DRM, don´t buy the products. Easy as that 👍.

Like I said...

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Very nice x-Aviation.Not only have you locked my machine id remotely but you also have removed all of my purchased content from my account.

Bravo.

I implore all users to be wary of the unscrupulous methods this vendor uses. I am sure there are others like me and if any in the USA, please take legal action against them. I am unable to do so sitting  in India.

• Like 1

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

25 minutes ago, ajaybala said:

Not only have you locked my machine id remotely but you also have removed all of my purchased content from my account.

Which is possibly not surprising after you publicly declaring that you circumvented the DRM, including steps on how to do it. 🙂

I think that even if you lived next door to X-Aviations premises...your outlook at taking legal action would be bleak. Heck, maybe even an Indian judge would think so?

Edited by Janov

1 hour ago, ajaybala said:

Very nice x-Aviation.Not only have you locked my machine id remotely but you also have removed all of my purchased content from my account.

Bravo.

I implore all users to be wary of the unscrupulous methods this vendor uses. I am sure there are others like me and if any in the USA, please take legal action against them. I am unable to do so sitting  in India.

Like Jan said, what did you expect after posting a workaround to their licensing system (which obviously, didn't work)?

Edited by GoranM

31 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Like Jan said, what did you expect after posting a workaround to their licensing system (which obviously, didn't work)?

It worked wonderfully. You would have never come to know if I had not publicised it.

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

The DRM is a little more robust than that. Every activation is recorded.

5 minutes ago, GoranM said:

The DRM is a little more robust than that. Every activation is recorded.

So was mine. I was enjoying flying the TBM for a few hours  till our little convo began. Then suddenly, poof, no products in my account. I don't think even your DRM has the heart to do that. It was human intervention.

• Like 1

Colonel,Indian Army.

About 100 dollars dusted off.  Not worth the psychological stress. Lost my saves to cold war. Don't mind another play through though.

Colonel,Indian Army.

5 hours ago, GoranM said:

And on another note, developers don't want to use DRM.  But if the alternative is to go broke, (which I have seen happen, many times), then it's a necessary evil we have to adopt.  

I know of a MSFS developer who lost his house, all his savings, his company, and, worst of all, his wife divorced him and got custody of their daughter...all because of his add ons getting pirated.  

LOL. If it went that far, im pretty sure piracy is not the only thing to blame here...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ajaybala said:

About 100 dollars dusted off.  Not worth the psychological stress. Lost my saves to cold war. Don't mind another play through though.

Without any kind of back story, it's impossible to know what happened.  You never once tried to explain why your licenses were blocked.  You never mentioned any correspondence you had with XA, apart from how they never tried to help you.  All you did was get "revenge" by finding a workaround and posting it to a public forum.  How about you try to contact XA and have a courteous conversation...as if another human being is on the other end of the support. 

4 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

LOL. If it went that far, im pretty sure piracy is not the only thing to blame here...

They were quite a successful development team, and I spoke to the owner personally.  Piracy was the only thing to blame.  He has no interest in returning to flight sim.

Edited by GoranM

3 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Without any kind of back story, it's impossible to know what happened.  You never once tried to explain why your licenses were blocked.  You never mentioned any correspondence you had with XA, apart from how they never tried to help you.  All you did was get "revenge" by finding a workaround and posting it to a public forum.  How about you try to contact XA and have a courteous conversation...as if another human being is on the other end of the support. 

They were quite a successful development team, and I spoke to the owner personally.  Piracy was the only thing to blame.  He has no interest in returning to flight sim.

I have written enough to your so called "support@x-aviation.com" explaining everything. No reply for the past six months. Another ticket given today for my missing products. "Revenge"? Are you lot so insecure? By the way I am heavily invested in DCS world, Xplane and P3D 5. Don't be so bloated in the head thinking your products are be all and end all. Just because I brush you off doesn't mean I am giving up flight simming. On the contrary. I couldn't care two hoots of your opinion of me. Calling me a software pirate doesn't make me one. 

• Like 2

Colonel,Indian Army.

Honestly I cannot see how having to put your email and password into a pop up box every once in a while is a major problem. Presumably you do something very similar when logging into your computer in the morning. I have multiple X-Aviation products and have never had an issue other than relicensing. I am constantly installing and removing Skymaxx to compare with other weather products and it's never been an issue. X-A allow you three machines, which is generous. They even allow you to unlicense a machine and transfer to another without issues. If you have broken that DRM, them there really must be a whole lot more to the story that what is being given. 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

2 minutes ago, yidahoo said:

Honestly I cannot see how having to put your email and password into a pop up box every once in a while is a major problem. Presumably you do something very similar when logging into your computer in the morning. I have multiple X-Aviation products and have never had an issue other than relicensing. I am constantly installing and removing Skymaxx to compare with other weather products and it's never been an issue. X-A allow you three machines, which is generous. They even allow you to unlicense a machine and transfer to another without issues. If you have broken that DRM, them there really must be a whole lot more to the story that what is being given. 

Don't have the skills or the inclination to break any DRM. Just want to fly in the sim without hitches.

Edited by ajaybala
Typo

Colonel,Indian Army.