Sign in to follow this  
BijanStudio

Winter Season is here

24 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

better! still an issue tho - this custom scenery I have for 3N6 from flightsim.to still sports conifers around its edges when this winter foliage mod is installed

EvnnZ2p.png

Accroding to https://ecoregions2017.appspot.com/ and how flight sim has catergoried regions, there are confier forest in new jercy area.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

Bijan, V 1.3  is a good fix for your winter mod re: Ky.; I just did a check of fall and noticed the same conifer issue for Ky. The same fix you just did for winter should also improve Ky. for fall, should you decide to take the time to do so.

Thanks again for your hard work on these season mods!

• Like 1

Ken

Is there any way through your mod, or something to set snow cover on the ground while using live weather? I think this is critical for immersion, but understand you may not have control over the snow covering. 

4 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Is there any way through your mod, or something to set snow cover on the ground while using live weather? I think this is critical for immersion, but understand you may not have control over the snow covering. 

I use Unreal Weather mod for that. With MSFS live weather I never see snow covering the terrain.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

7 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Unfortunately no. But as others mentioned, this can be done with Unreal Weather mod. I don't personaly have any experience with Unreal Weather.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

21 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

there are confier forest in new jercy area.

this is correct. However the point I was trying to make here is that only the trees immediately surrounding the airport are conifers, which is not correct. Something is causing the trees placed by the custom scenery to show up improperly as conifers.

I did a flight down through NJ yesterday and didn't notice any general issues while up in the air or at my destination in Cape May, so this remains the only problem I've found, nice work! Definitely a lot more "drab" out there to at least give the scenery a different look

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

@BijanStudio so is my issue a problem on your side or a problem on the airport developer's side? Because if it is the latter I would like to notify him of the compatibility issue with your scenery mod so he can consider a fix

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

1 minute ago, Gaiiden said:

@BijanStudio so is my issue a problem on your side or a problem on the airport developer's side? Because if it is the latter I would like to notify him of the compatibility issue with your scenery mod so he can consider a fix

I have reduced the number of conifers and added more deciduous trees in that area.

See if this version fixes your issue. If not, contact the developer for the airport.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q_dj--fM_kcU4a7la3rGP1rJybCln5D-/view?usp=sharing

Gaming Laptop:

On 12/13/2020 at 9:02 AM, BijanStudio said:

I have reduced the number of conifers and added more deciduous trees in that area.

See if this version fixes your issue. If not, contact the developer for the airport.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q_dj--fM_kcU4a7la3rGP1rJybCln5D-/view?usp=sharing

I am getting a file not found error. Is there a new location for these seasonal mods. Thanks

How do I download, my system does not seem to like Google Drives. I tried Firefox and MS Edge.

Thanks,

Mike

Is there a working link for this?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Just now, EmaRacing said:

Is there a working link for this?

You have to buy it now. It's no longer freeware.

Is there an official support? I realized that with the multi-season "spring north, fall south", the trees are again way to big. For example in Switzerland, spring with the bright green trees looks like every city and every town is completely filled with trees, those are 30-50% to big. Not sure if with the winter textures, it is just not that visible, but I would really love to see those trees reduced in size again...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

Is there an official support? I realized that with the multi-season "spring north, fall south", the trees are again way to big. For example in Switzerland, spring with the bright green trees looks like every city and every town is completely filled with trees, those are 30-50% to big. Not sure if with the winter textures, it is just not that visible, but I would really love to see those trees reduced in size again...

Hi Chris,

For support, you can contact me directly at bijanstudiola@gmail.com or my youtube channel.

One reason most people  think think trees are too large in new season mod is because the current sim uses trees in cities that are much much smaller than real life.

So it might look large at first with season mod. I have studied many trees in different parts of the world and tried to match the size based on actual photos. But if there is an area you want smaller, I can do it. I will include it in my next version 3. 

City of Vienna, Austria - same place. 

WIUHYAi.jpg

Default:

LDyRQ0c.jpg

Edited by BijanStudio

Gaming Laptop: