Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

December 3rd, 2020 - Development Update

DECEMBER 3RD, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

BobbyFuzzy.jpg

Screenshot by BobbyFuzzy

Wow, is it December already? As we all prepare to close out the final chapter of 2020, surely a year for the history books, we look back at the last year and how far we have come and look forward to what the future holds. A future filled with VR, Xbox, the ability to replay your favorite moments among many other additions. In the meantime, the team is nose down, preparing for the final update of the year.

Also, if you haven’t seen this yet, check out the documentary NoClip made about Microsoft Flight Simulator!

–MSFS TEAM-

Development-Banner-GIF.gif

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Click here for the web-friendly version.

DR-12.3.jpg

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version.

FS-12.3-bugs.jpgFS-12.3-wishes.jpg

SDK UPDATE

DevMode:

• We’re still focusing our efforts on improving the new Visual Effects system performance. The corresponding editor has now reached its first basic functional version.
  • On the Scenery Editor side, the heightmaps edition is now ready and will be available in a future update. Object grouping feature is still WIP.
  • New assets creation system from within the Project Editor is still a work in progress.
  • As a background task, the DevMode team is always working on improving the overall stability of the DevMode, with particular focus on the Project Editor, the Scenery Editor, and the Aircraft Editor. The community’s feedback continues to be helpful to identifying and fixing bugs and thus making the tools better.

WebAssembly:

• We are making an effort to lower the iteration time when developing for the platform.
  • New security mechanisms have been implemented and others are being studied to protect WASM modules developed by third parties.

THIRD PARTY UDPDATE

The third party creator community continues to overwhelm us by both volume and the quality. Just some numbers:

• Airports:
    • 229 airports (+15 from last week) have been released for the platform so far.
    • 74 airports (+10 from last week) are already in our in-sim store.
    • 46 airports (-2 from last week) beyond the released airports have been announced.
    • 118 airports (+0 from last week) are not announced but in dev based on information from 3rd parties.
    • In total 393 airports are either already released or are in active production. Incredible!
  • Aircraft:
    • 12 aircraft (+3 from last week) have been released for the platform so far.
    • 5 aircraft (+0 from last week) are already in our in-sim store.
    • 55 aircraft (-1 from last week) beyond the released airplanes have been announced.
      • 20 aircraft (+0 from last week) are not announced but in dev based on information from 3rd parties.
    • So overall, 87 aircraft are either released or are in production.
    • The CRJ from Aerosoft is getting really close and it’s awesome  – we are very excited to see what the team has accomplished!
  • Scenery:
    • 34 scenery add-ons (+5 from last week) have been released for the platform so far.
    • 8 scenery add-ons (+2 from last week) are already in our in-sim store.
    • 3 scenery add-ons (+0 from last week) have been announced.

Our conversations with freeware groups like Working Title and Fly By Wire continued and we are working on ways to improve and/or increase collaboration with these excellent teams!

MARKETPLACE UPDATE

13 new products are slated to be released today:

13 NEW PRODUCTS

image001.jpg

image003-1.jpg

image019.jpg

image033.jpg

image035.jpg

image036.jpg

image037.jpg

image039.jpg

image041.jpg

image043.jpg

image044.jpg

image046.jpg

image047.jpg

5 products to be updated today:

5 UPDATED PRODUCTS

image048.jpg

image049.jpg

image050.jpg

image051.jpg

image052.jpg

Community-Banner-GIF.gif

TWITCH SCHEDULE 

• Dec. 4 [Friday]: Community Fly-in: Guided Tour of Vietnam with Community Member SeedyL! All are welcome to join. Read here for more information.
  • Dec. 9 [Wednesday]: Flying Lessons for Noobs: Taught by ForderLearnToFly, we will begin lessons on the C152.
  • Dec. 11 [Friday]: Community Fly-in: Guided Tour of New Zealand with Community Member Zkdos! All are welcome to join. Read here for more information.
  • Dec. 15 [Tuesday]: Join TheFlyingFabio as he makes his first appearance on the MSFS stream! More details next week.
  • Dec. 18 [Friday]: We are planning a Grand Canyon Razor Run for the community! More details next week.

If you are interested in giving a guided tour or joining us on stream, please send a DM to jummivana in the forums! Thank you!

COMMUNITY VIDEO

This cinematic video by Mr Gerald MANDEM:

MORE AMAZING SCREENSHOTS FROM THE COMMUNITY

simtom2.jpg

Screenshot by simtom2

Fmgc320-scaled.jpg

Screenshot by Fmgc320

mpvalmiki.jpg

Screenshot by mpvalmiki

centeringtube-scaled.jpg

Screenshot by centeringtube

SeveralTulip.jpg

Screenshot by SeveralTulip

IndigoAsp237317.jpg

Screenshot by IndigoAsp237317

BobbyFuzzy-2.jpg

Screenshot by BobbyFuzzy

damiankadziela.jpg

Screenshot by damiankadziela

YusufWardana.jpg

Screenshot by YusufWardana

gordongreig.jpg

Screenshot by ColeNorthgate

NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 12.10

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 7

Wow, the Feedback Snapshot says sim update 3 or 4 for Phraseology stuff, I didn't think they'd touch that.

Edited by Tuskin38

Feedback Snapshot screenshots are out of date. Check the web-friendly versions for this week's update.

Sad to see they won't be unlocking the Premium Deluxe aircraft, but at least the flickering clouds bug is "Under Investigation". Hopefully they'll do something about that...

Where do I find the bugfree Mooney in the Marketplace update?

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

No Carenado update, wow.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I see nothing about the Mooney update or the water going up the coast lines, which is the worst graphic bug right now. Not happy.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

"open weather system to 3rd parties" -> not planned?

Well... I'm not exactly fond of their weather depiction (I'm not saying visuals, those are second to none). 

I hope that doesn't mean  bye-bye to historical weather in the future.

Enrique Vaamonde

I won't complain too much as you just get sniped at, but some acknowledgement of the issues at least would have been nice, rather than the endless pictures that you can see anyplace, such as on this forum (SteveDRA 99% of them 😁)

Oh well, here's to the 23rd!

• Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Glad to see they mentioned the replay and are working with the A320 mod team. Considering how good the sim is right now (minus the known problems) the next year is going to be fab in msfs.

• Like 4

I miss a few words about today's 1GB update.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

9 minutes ago, pmb said:

I miss a few words about today's 1GB update.

Kind regards, Michael

They already said what it was. It was just to update the Navdata to the new cycle.

18 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

No Carenado update, wow.

Carendao is a third party, why would they mention it?

Did they mention the autopilot heading issue and when they are going to fix

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

10 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Carendao is a third party, why would they mention it?

Because they mentioned the updates for third party sceneries? 

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White