Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Nvidia control panel

Ahmad anyone installed the latest nvidia driver ? 457.51 I believe? And not been able to open the control panel?

cheers 

mike

16 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

Just updated to 457.51, Nvidia Control Panel working here after a reboot.

Thanks.. 🤔 I may just have to uninstall and reinstall.

thanks

mike

7 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Thanks.. 🤔 I may just have to uninstall and reinstall.

thanks

mike

I had this last night.  The windows store downloaded it for me 

Did you get game ready or studio driver? 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

I had this last night.  The windows store downloaded it for me 

Did you get game ready or studio driver? 

Game ready.

mike

Do your control panel settings go back to default after driver update?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

2 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Do your control panel settings go back to default after driver update?

I think only if you do a full installation.  Or maybe it's called custom.  Can't remember the prompt.  I've found unlike in the past there really isn't a need to change too much in NCP anymore.  In terms of P3D.  There are some good bench studies out there you can google that will show you the power management feature can be left at default now.  Only thing I personally change is under resolution to lock my refresh rate to 30hz when running p3d.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

I think only if you do a full installation.  Or maybe it's called custom.  Can't remember the prompt.  I've found unlike in the past there really isn't a need to change too much in NCP anymore.  In terms of P3D.  There are some good bench studies out there you can google that will show you the power management feature can be left at default now.  Only thing I personally change is under resolution to lock my refresh rate to 30hz when running p3d.  

Sorry for rookie question...why does changing to 30Hz make a difference? I'm currently at 60.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

1 hour ago, BWBriscoe said:

Sorry for rookie question...why does changing to 30Hz make a difference? I'm currently at 60.

Well if you set to 30hz (provided your monitor or tv supports it) you give your cpu/gpu some headroom.  You also have to have vsync on to make sure the sim knows.  The other benefit is you have less spikes.  So you may be able to get 60fps 90% of the time.  But if you have dips to 35 periodically, that dip will result in a stutter.  So if you know you 100% of the time you can achieve 30 then you will have a smoother experience.  Flying airliners i've found I don't have much of a need for higher than 30.  The only time I notice it is when panning.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Well if you set to 30hz (provided your monitor or tv supports it) you give your cpu/gpu some headroom.  You also have to have vsync on to make sure the sim knows.  The other benefit is you have less spikes.  So you may be able to get 60fps 90% of the time.  But if you have dips to 35 periodically, that dip will result in a stutter.  So if you know you 100% of the time you can achieve 30 then you will have a smoother experience.  Flying airliners i've found I don't have much of a need for higher than 30.  The only time I notice it is when panning.  

i run at 30 hertz as my monitor is 4K. i agree with the panning though. and the slugish mouse

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Hey Micstatic -- is there a place in NCP to set the refresh rate for P3D specifically? I can't find one and am changing the refresh rate manually via Windows.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

yes scroll to the bottom in "manage 2d settings" then  programme settings  open vertical sync , there is options in there !

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

pdge , have you assigned p3d in the NCP beforehand ?

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

50 minutes ago, pgde said:

Hey Micstatic -- is there a place in NCP to set the refresh rate for P3D specifically? I can't find one and am changing the refresh rate manually via Windows.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

The P3d specific max frame rate doesn’t work as well for me. What I do is manage resolution. Then change refresh rate there. When done flying I go back to 60