Sign in to follow this  
Little Jenny

Random CTDs since the update this morning (12/3)

Is anybody else getting random CTDs after the 12/3 update?  I haven't had any for a while now (other than the Carenado aircraft related ones).  I tried a long flight twice earlier today and got the CTD after about 90 minutes into the flight.  Just did a short flight and it worked fine.  However as I was loading up the flight planner, boom!  Going to do a bit of monitoring to see what's going on resource wise, but just thought I would ask around.

16 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

Is anybody else getting random CTDs after the 12/3 update?  I haven't had any for a while now (other than the Carenado aircraft related ones).  I tried a long flight twice earlier today and got the CTD after about 90 minutes into the flight.  Just did a short flight and it worked fine.  However as I was loading up the flight planner, boom!  Going to do a bit of monitoring to see what's going on resource wise, but just thought I would ask around.

Using Navigraph by chance?

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

I saw reports in the official forum of problems navigraph experienced with the navdata update from this morning.  Hopefully that starts your search in a fruitful direction.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

You need to remove the 2013 AIRAC and install the 2012 cycle.  That resolves the issue.  They've said they will reissue 2013 once they figure out whats what.

I just looked and there are two Navigraph folders (Navigraph-data & Navigraph-maintenance)( in the community folder.  That's new.  Looks like somebody didn't clean up the code before releasing it.  Going to uninstall that and try a longer flight tomorrow.

1 minute ago, badgenes said:

You need to remove the 2013 AIRAC and install the 2012 cycle.  That resolves the issue.  They've said they will reissue 2013 once they figure out whats what.

I'm going to uninstall it and not worry about the new AIRAC until they fix it.  Two navigraph folders is a definitely an issue.