Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Deleting Default Airports

I know this may be a dumb question, but I recently bought the FSDT KORD during the sale. I notice in the Content Manager that the MSFS Asobo KORD still is listed. Do I need to delete this? If not, does the FSDT version override the Asobo version? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I believe 3rd party addons will override the built in airports/scenery.  The only airports that could be removed via Content Manager are the hand crafted ones anyway.  I just left Asobo's KORD selected when I bought FSDT's.  

• Upvote 1

I asked a similar question last week because I installed orbx lowi and at that airport I was getting scenery issues with part of old control tower sticking out of new tower and had ramps on the runway. I was advised to delete the other lowi in content manager and this worked. I guess see if it works by overwriting it if not delete the original. 

I installed FSDT's KORD and did not remove the default version. Seems ok, but after reading through the thread, I'll try to delete the default.

Can someone check to see if there's a default Malaga (LEMG) showing up in the content manager? I'm trying to delete the default, but can't find one that can be deleted.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

You can make MSFS ( I have standard edition ) a few GBs smaller, if you want, by deleting items you dont want to use.
You can delete all airports.
All aircraft, except the TBM and Cessna 152.
All bush trips.
All flight training.
All landing challenges. Except asobo-landingchallenge.
What you cant delete will be downloaded again, if you did delete the wrong one, when you start the sim. If you want the deleted items back in your sim, go to profile, content manager and download them again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, flyingdutchie said:

You can delete all airports.

That are handcrafted, and have an entry in the Content Manager.

If it is not handcrafted, and does not have an entry in the Content Manager, it is part of the base files and can not be deleted.

For those that are not sure how to delete what @flyingdutchie mentioned above, navigate in to the Official folder, and then the next folder. You will find folders for all the stuff listed above located there. Simply delete the above mentioned folders in their entirety.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

I believe addon scenery is capable of over-riding the generic autogen/photogrammetry automatically BUT with the custom handcrafted airports not so much - you may end up with both sets of buildings which i going to be a bit chaotic in places to say the least.