Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Download loop not fixed

After all the updates why haven't they fixed the constant download loop I brought this the day it was released and still stuck with trying to get everything downloaded so that I can start the game and fly something.

I experienced the same yesterday. Just quit the program, rebooted the computer, and after that the download was without issues.

Try an internet connection with a cap on speed. When I set a cap the files download and never ever choke or restart. If I don't set a cap, then the files just sort of go round and round and restart, what a mess. You set a cap outside of the sim in your internet hardware settings (like the router or modem). Or a utility that you download that does that.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This is the browser URL to set a cap with a router, the user and password is usually admin and admin (lower case only).

http://192.168.0.1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I had it as well.  It was because I experimented with setting a 5 MB/a cap in the sim and forgot to reset it to unlimited.  It still shouldn't happen though.

I followed this from Steku in the tips and tricks section in the end.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 hours ago, Pip said:

After all the updates why haven't they fixed the constant download loop I brought this the day it was released and still stuck with trying to get everything downloaded so that I can start the game and fly something.

I had it as well.  It was because I experimented with setting a 5 MB/a cap in the sim and forgot to reset it to unlimited.  It still shouldn't happen though.

I followed this from Steku in the tips and tricks section in the end.

NOTE: Instead of using Netlimiter, I just downloaded the new Nvidia driverss at the same time and watched YouTube videos in the background until MSFS had finished downloading.  This had the same effect as Netlimiter, as MSFS was having to share the bandwidth, and it got the update through in the end.  Sad though - this should be basics.  

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.