Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Keyboard shortcut for activating reversers in FBW320NX?

I recall in P3D/FSX that hitting SHIFT+F4 or something similar would activate reversers in planes like PMDG, FSLabs, etc. Is there a way to map MSFS to behave exactly like P3D? With my current setup I find it hard to activate them after touchdown. I fly with a Logitech 3D Extreme and prefer using the keyboard to activate them. That way I can have my right hand on the stick controlling the plane while landing and my left hand free to activate the reversers.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

y4mMDP_CfYL-Huf5iJiPmsiAltgh3lU6HzBEMfSV

Map F2 to Decrease Throttle

Then when you touchdown just hold it down for maybe a second or two or try it out on the tarmac. This is what i use with no problems.

Edited by Maxis
Clarity
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Thanks! so hitting F2 will engage reverse thrust to 100% and hitting it again will deactivate them?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

9 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thanks! so hitting F2 will engage reverse thrust to 100% and hitting it again will deactivate them?

Negative. Holding it down will simulate a smooth reduction of Throttle all the way to the stops. When you are done with the reversers on rollout if your Joystick has a throttle on it just slightly move it forward a little and back to the stops and that will simulate the closure of the reversers and bring the engines to idle.

There may be a toggle reversers feature which will act as an on/off (max reverse/idle) switch but IRL AC don't always use full reverse thrust. So i personally prefer this way. However if someone has their sim setup with a max reverse toggle on/off then hopefully they can respond to the thread.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

There are two mappings you can use.  One is a mapping where you "hold down" a key while manipulating the throttle.  While the button is held, the reversers are engaged.  Use your throttles to control amount of reverse thrust.  When released, the reversers disengage and throttle control shifts back to normal..   If you don't like that, the other mapping is a "toggle".  Tapping the key will engage reversers, and you can use the throttles to increase or decrease reverse thrust, and then you can tap the key again to disengage the reversers....See below.  

reverse-thrust.png

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 3

Yes I'm aware of both of those, but I wanted to replicate how it was done in P3D. Is that not possible? I want to be able to fully engage/cut out reversers using keyboard only without having to use a throttle on my controller.

7 hours ago, captain420 said:

Yes I'm aware of both of those, but I wanted to replicate how it was done in P3D. Is that not possible? I want to be able to fully engage/cut out reversers using keyboard only without having to use a throttle on my controller.

Map two keys.  Map one key to both toggle reverse thrust and full throttle.  Then map the other key to both toggle reverse thrust and cut throttle.  When you tap the first key, reversers and throttle should go to 100%.  When you tap the second key, the reversers should toggle back to normal and your throttle goes to zero.

But as far as your original question, there is no single function that has toggle full reverse thrust on/off that I have been able to see.

Edited by wthomas33065