Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Current backlog of P3D v5 airport development

28 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Also, PacSim just now posted on facebook their progress on getting KRNO into MSFS... So maybe we shouldn't expect KCLE or any P3Dv5 versions of their other sceneries to come out particularly soon?

Whats about the other PacSim airports Taipei and Manila, do they work well in v5.1?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Whats about the other PacSim airports Taipei and Manila, do they work well in v5.1?

I haven't tried actually, but I think others have managed to get at least Taipei working. My expectation is that if you're comfortable fiddling with ADE you should be able to remove any default buildings pretty easily. The dynamic lights, if there's an issue with them, might be harder to deal with, though. In general though, it's been my policy to not install any non-P3Dv5 sceneries unless I really, really want the scenery and there is nothing on the horizon. So I'll probably sit it out and wait for PacSim to released updated versions.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

FB's NZAA for P3D5 is what I am hanging out for!  It has been a long time coming.  The thing is it seems we could be waiting 12-18 months before complex aircraft (PMDG etc) are available for MSFS so I see no point in purchasing large airports for that platform but in the meantime I am very happy to add to my P3D4/5 collection.

Bruceb

• Like 10

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

I haven't tried actually, but I think others have managed to get at least Taipei working. My expectation is that if you're comfortable fiddling with ADE you should be able to remove any default buildings pretty easily. The dynamic lights, if there's an issue with them, might be harder to deal with, though. In general though, it's been my policy to not install any non-P3Dv5 sceneries unless I really, really want the scenery and there is nothing on the horizon. So I'll probably sit it out and wait for PacSim to released updated versions.

I was going to give Thai Creations Kathmandu a whirl...  looks like this guy got it going in V5...

Prepar3D v5 | Kathmandu to Kuala Lumpur | trueSKY | Aerosoft A320

I know Lukla has v5 installer and Aerosoft said their Twotter should work in v5 too...  gonna give it a try this weekend.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

9 hours ago, Nemo said:

If you use the v5 patch on inibuilds, yes. I would also recommend using the Dynamic Lighting profile on inbuilds as well. 

• Upvote 1

Sante Sottile

6 hours ago, brucewtb said:

FB's NZAA for P3D5 is what I am hanging out for!  It has been a long time coming.  The thing is it seems we could be waiting 12-18 months before complex aircraft (PMDG etc) are available for MSFS so I see no point in purchasing large airports for that platform but in the meantime I am very happy to add to my P3D4/5 collection.

Bruceb

To be honest, P3Dv5 with the latest hotfix is beautiful. Best P3D version yet and flying with EA on has been a joy. I'll be on P3D for quite some time, or as you mentioned, until complex aircraft make it to the new sim.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Sante Sottile

On 12/4/2020 at 3:04 AM, blaunarwal said:

I bought too many airports the recent years I think and this halt is a good time to go back to basics. I have enough airports to do interesting flights within Europe and the US. The the world will never be complete anyway. It has become kind of shopping addiction to me. Every weekend buy something for my favorite toy. Sometimes I bought serveral airports and forgot or didn't have time to visit them.

So now, there isn't lot to buy and not everything available I need to have. That's kind of relaxing. If I was on the MSFS train, I needed to fix the world on all edges. 

Dan

My thoughts exactly. On rare occasions when I use a default airport the performance bonus is nice.

Vic green

I seriously doubt we will ever see half that list released for P3D. FSDT is done with scenery for P3D and many others are pivoting to MSF including FlyTampa and Aerosoft. Majority of others have to officially said anything on P3D but are working on getting their stuff MSF compatible. IF anything was to come to P3D, it is very likely in the back burner. It ticks me off PacSim put their P3D stuff on the back burner as I was looking forward to CLE and an updated SLC. Theit current SLC is way outdated now as there are new terminals open and new taxiways. Someone who has Facebook in here should call them out on this in their comments. Personally, I think P3D new scenery releases are done with. 3PD are going for the quick and easy MSF money. 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I seriously doubt we will ever see half that list released for P3D. FSDT is done with scenery for P3D and.kosy others are pivoting to MSF including FlyTampa and Aerosoft. Majority of others have to officially said anything on P3D but are working on getting their stuff MSF compatible. IF anything was to come to P3D, it is very likely in the back burner. It ticks me off PacSim put their P3D stuff on the back burner as I was looking forward to CLE and an updated SLC. Theit current SLC is way outdated now as there are new terminals open and new taxiways. Someone who has Facebook in here should call them out on this in their comments. Personally, I think P3D new scenery releases are done with. 3PD are going for the quick and easy MSF money. 

PacSim was called out a few times I've seen.  Most of the critiques I read were calling into question their pricing.  Expensive up front.  And then being in the rare crowd of charging for updates to go from V4 to V5.  Further their updates didn't appear to be updates at all, but just compatibility patches.  They were also called out for things like dynamic lighting.  They were defensive, but it was pointed out to them that the SDK changed in V5 and fx files needed to be redone for V5 in order for dynamic lighting to work properly with PBR aircraft.  I haven't followed it since to see if they went back and fixed it.  

Like you say.  It's clear the 3pd's have moved on largely to MSFS.  It's disappointing for us here who will be sticking with P3D until atleast we have a full catalog of "full service" airplanes.  But I understand they have to make longer term decisions.  Right now IMO it seems that FSimStudios is doing a great job of serving both markets.  I commend them for that and also commend them for elevating their game as of late.  The last 2 or 3 they have made have demonstrated to me that they have really moved on to the next level.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I apologize if I missed it in this thread, but I had thought that FlyTampa was going to do an update for Dubai. If so, that would be a day one purchase for me. Does anyone know if this may be in the works?

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

It's clear the 3pd's have moved on largely to MSFS

I don't think they have “moved on“. It's just that, for the moment, MSFS is new, bringing with it new customers and their money. Devs are concentrating on them. The new-ness will wear off (some have indicated it already is), and platform sales will re-adjust. At least that's what I'm expecting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Right now IMO it seems that FSimStudios is doing a great job of serving both markets.  I commend them for that and also commend them for elevating their game as of late.  The last 2 or 3 they have made have demonstrated to me that they have really moved on to the next level.  

Once CYYC v2 and Halifax are out, flying Air Canada or Westjet routes with them and the two FT airports will be really nice around that country. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Eric 

1 hour ago, d.tsakiris said:

I don't think they have “moved on“. It's just that, for the moment, MSFS is new, bringing with it new customers and their money. Devs are concentrating on them. The new-ness will wear off (some have indicated it already is), and platform sales will re-adjust. At least that's what I'm expecting.

This is essentially what I'm hoping. A lot of the sceneries that are being released by the 'traditional' third party developers are reworks of their current P3D sceneries. It seems to me that, come the development of completely new projects, there might be a chance that they will still be released for P3D and MSFS, even if MSFS gets priority. Many of the assets should be similar as I doubt models will be created from scratch for the different sims as they share the same fundamental FSX origins, and with a software suite such as Substance converting textures from one PBR methodology to another should not be a big task. That said, I've hardly looked at the MSFS SDK, so I could be completely wrong.

In the end, it's going to come down to profitability of course. If a developer deems the P3D to be profitable enough to warrant the work they may do it, otherwise they wont.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Once CYYC v2 and Halifax are out, flying Air Canada or Westjet routes with them and the two FT airports will be really nice around that country. 

It only took 15 years for us Canadians lol. Totally agree!

Sante Sottile

On 12/5/2020 at 2:44 PM, B777ER said:

Theit current SLC is way outdated now as there are new terminals open and new taxiways.

On their website for the v5 version of KSLC it says the scenery accounts for recent renovation changes and that it will be continuously updated. Are those "renovation changes" anything of the recent real world changes at KSLC?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD