Sign in to follow this  
Joe Long

Co-Pilot Responds to ATC Keeps Disabling

My Copilot Options (Responds To Radio and Change Frequencies) checkmarks keep disabling on their own.  I recheck both copilot options, but in a few seconds they disappear again.  I have "Respond To Radio Hot Key" and "Responds To Radio Btn" both checked.

I have just noticed this since I started flying FS2020.  I generally fly the Fly By Wire A320neo.  I didn't have the problem on XP11, but I have not flown XP11 for a couple of weeks, so I don't know if the problem exists on that platform as well. 

Thank you.

Joe

You need to disable the Respond To Radio Button and Respond to Radio Hot Keys because these toggle the copilot on and off.

Dave

Dave, I tried your suggestion, but still had a problem.  

I'd like to run this by you.  I purchased MS2020 in August, and have been flying that sim almost exclusively since.  Today, I dusted off  "old reliable" (XP11), flew the Zibo from KELP to KIAH, and did not have a single problem with the co-pilot handling coms and changing frequencies.

Do you suppose the problem could be with MS2020, or maybe in my installation of the program?

Thanks for your continued support for your (I'm certain) happy customers.

Joe

There are some aircraft in MSFS that do not let external programs like P2A change frequencies.

Also, if you don't manage to turn off all the MSFS "assists" that have to do with ATC, then MSFS will determine the frequency it wants and override P2A.

Dave

I'm having a similar problem. The Responds To Radio and/or Changes Frequencies checkboxes randomly go "unchecked". The copilot does respond to ATC and changes frequencies when the boxes are checked. This happens in P3D 5.1 but I'm not sure about MSFS2020

Richard

On 12/4/2020 at 7:50 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You need to disable the Respond To Radio Button and Respond to Radio Hot Keys because these toggle the copilot on and off.

Richard, you need to do the above fix.

Dave