Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Anti stutter check list.

i would also include this tweak for stutters/latency 

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

On 12/4/2020 at 3:09 PM, Fielder said:

The ones marked with * should help prevent stutters on any system.

The ones not marked with * may or may prevent stutters on some systems, or make stutters worse on others.

I use all of these. I have no stutters, not even micro stutters.

1 Nvidia control panel:
‘Power Management Mode’ - change it from ‘Use global setting
(Optimal Power)’ to ‘Prefer Maximum Performance’.

Nvidia control panel:
2  ‘Texture Filtering - Quality’ - change it from ‘Quality’ to ‘High Performance’

3 Windows Game Mode
(Start bar, type in ‘Game Mode’ to find the settings) - ensure the Game Mode option is ON.

4 * Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling
(same ‘Game Mode’ menu) right hand side menu: ‘Graphics settings’.
‘Hardware- accelerated GPU Scheduling’. ON
(is a feature added to windows 10 updates and was designed in order to reduce latency)

5 * ‘Game Mode’ menu (again)
click on ‘Captures’ from the left-hand side to
open up a new menu. Turn OFF ‘Background recording’.

(Why would you want Windows always recording your game video in the background on the assumption you might want to do something with the recording)?

6 Windows Task Manger ctl alt del: Set flightsimulator.exe to HIGH priority. (I'm not convinced #6 helps, but some people say it does).

===============================

#2 should always help with stutters but might reduce image quality in some way.

(It's hard for me to believe that #3 is not always a good thing for fighting stutters, but some people say it isn't, so I did not put a * there).

Seriously I apologies for my comment .Your thread has much merit and I'm sure there are a good number of people that will use and appreciate this information. Myself I have showstopper stutters and slowdowns that only started with SU3 three weeks ago. I cannot or will not fly and am upset that ASOBO once again botched it. I want to install the newest mods and enjoy my Flights once again but cannot.  That frustration, disappointment. and worry about the future of this Franchise has clouded my perspective.

Regards

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2