Sign in to follow this  
starfan69

repaint tutorial clarification

https://flyingcarpet75.com/painting-tutorial

I down loaded this tutorial and am trying to follow along with it but i am sort of confused about something ( i am using gimp but everyone tells me gimp or paint.net are just as good as paintshop). i downloaded AIA 737 Max 8 paint kit. it has a full size model , a 737 max 8 _t and a 737 max_t.  looking at other repaints i have established that the max 8_t is the main part of the fuselage and the max_t is the engines and the AT winglets. 

Here is my question: what is the full body_t used for and how do i transfer that to the max 8_t and the max_t?

once i figure that out i should be able to use that knowledge to paint other aircraft as well. being a noob to painting i am starting with a very easy airline. the airline i used to work for Western Pacific. not one of our logo jets either.  just the basic white fuselage red tail seen on N960WP.  this way i can learn  something difficult (Western Pacifc across the fuselage without covering a window).  then i can gradually increase to more difficult repaints. I am trying to fill my flight sim with old school airlines and liveries and not very many people still do paint requests for FS9 so it is high time i learn myself.

thanks in advance for all the help and tips.

ok i've figured it out. paint your repaint on the AIA_737_800_MAX_full_body.psd. this is the full fuselage. when finished compress the layers. then open AIA_737_800_MAX_t.psd. this is where all the textures will be added to be displayed in the simulator. to line up you will notice little lime green boxes with lines. copy the texture you painted from the full_body.psd and line it up with the green box on the MAX_t.psd. let me know if you need help. I've done a good amount of painting.

• Upvote 1