Sign in to follow this  
Bluescaster

FS9 Default Traffic files

Hi All,

I'm trying to 'turn off' the default Traffic AI at a specific field as I want to substitute some antique aircraft in their place.

Specifically, I am trying to turn off the AI default aircraft at Biggin Hill -  EGKB. in the UK.  I've looked in the ' Scenery - World - Scenery'  folder, where I'm instructed to copy the Traffic file that I'm looking to substitute but without success (or without being able to identify the default file??)

I'm something of a computer Numpty it is true but I thought this was something within my meagre capabilities 😞

I would be grateful of any help or advice forthcoming.

Kind Regards,

Blue

This should be the file name traffic030528.bgl. Rename the file traffic030528.xxx and that will eliminate default traffic shown. 

Hi Camsdad,

Many thanks for your advice - I shall look to it straight away.

Just a follow up question if I may please? Will this also disable all other Default Traffic flying about in the Sim?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Blue

Renaming that traffic file will eliminate the default traffic.

You need TTools which easily decompiles Traffic030528.bgl into three text files: one for flight plans, airports, and aircraft. Open the flightplan.txt file in Notepad or similar program and search for EGKB.  Then delete each flight with the airport. Save the file and then recompile.

Well, none of this is easy. But it can be educational and kind of fun. Do you have flight plans for the aircraft in question? 

Consider AI Flight Planner (AIFP). It is software with a full user interface for modifying, and/or writing flight plans. Available here on Avsim. It is also possible to substitute defaulr planes with your antique planes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Hi Steve & BobbyJack,

Thanks for your response it is certainly interesting to know how these things work.

I have tried the solution CamsDad suggested (Thanks again CamsDad) and it does work but I will probably now look to learn a little more about the subject and summons the courage to dabble deeper in these dark arts! 

Many thanks again all of you - Much appreciate your taking the trouble to help me.

Kind Regards,

Blue

I will have to 2nd bobbyjack on AIFP. 

TTools did it's job long ago, but AIFP is the way to go now. In a nutshell, it's just download plan, open, download planes, assign, compile and done.

Hi Trioer,  thanks for your response, it's always helpful to have personal recommendations on these things - especially for us Computer Numpties 🙂

Kind Regards,

Blue