Sign in to follow this  
Emile

Win 10 or LM P3d V5.1 hf1

Hello,
After HDD crash I have reinstalled win 10 from scrash and P3d V5.1 hf 1 and I see no more "blue Ribbon" on top of the windows.

Recommandations?
Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

What happens when you press the ALT key which will bring up the menu bar (which I assume is what you are asking about)?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Hello, 

The P3d possible options selection  appear or disappear but no Blue ribbon , same with Edge?

With firefox it is a black ribbon, With Chrome it is grey ... 

?

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

I'm not sure what ribbon you're talking about? E.g. in Chrome my top-most 'ribbon' contains the tabs, below it the address bar and then bookmarks. What ribbon should there be other than that? And in P3D I don't remember seeing anything blue in the interface since the days of P3D v3?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Emile are you talking about the Title bar? By default P3D runs in full screen. If you press the key combination Alt+Enter it will go windowed mode like other windows applications. Is that what you mean?

Hello, 

I always fly in windowed mode (using 3 monitors) and I was used to see on top of the windows a "blue ribbon" when the focus was on one off the Monitors..

This is not my case anymore after win 10 full reinstallation. 

One more question I have now "one drive" running and the system takes backups on this driver.

I wonder if can suppress "one drive" without negative impact on my system?

Thanks for helping

These are Windows issues, not P3D. Maybe ask at the windows 10 forum.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

On 12/6/2020 at 11:44 AM, Emile said:

Hello,
After HDD crash I have reinstalled win 10 from scrash and P3d V5.1 hf 1 and I see no more "blue Ribbon" on top of the windows.

Recommandations?
Thanks in advance

I didn't understand what you meant when I first read your post the other day. After re-reading this thread today, I know exactly what you are talking about. Microsoft changed the default colors in the user interface in the Windows 10 v2004 update. I had a couple of icons on my start menu that looked "wrong" after it installed and I realized that they looked like that because parts of them were transparent and MS changed the background color of the start menu to be semi transparent. This also changes the color of the top menu bars for all standard application windows.

To fix your problem, go to Settings -> Personalization and select "Colors" in the column on the left. Scroll down a little and where it says "Choose your accent color" click on a different color in the grid.

If you pick a blue color, you will have your blue ribbon back.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Hello MDFlier, 

Yes that is my solution

Thanks

• Like 1