Sign in to follow this  
sympilot

A32N IAF procedures from ATC

Ok, Need some help with the correct procedures for the MCDU when getting the IAF and runway from ATC. ATC continues to turn me around to the last waypoint which is quite frustrating after a decent flight. I have tried to put the STAR in the MCDU while flight planning but if winds change ATC gives me a different runway and STAR most of the time, Any help would be appreciated

I know it doesn't answer your question exactly, but go and try Pilot2ATC, at first i didn't like it but after finding out you can for free add extra voices and spending few days learning i came to conclusion, screw default MSFS ATC, word not allowed like all the other iteration before that one.

Pilot2ATC gives you 10 days free trial, like i said before i found out i can add extra voices for free i was on the fence but then i bought it and I love it !

You can use your voice if you want to also but not mandatory, yes it is little bit more complex then default but then it works right not bs MSFS atc.

As far as entering in MCDU go to F-PLAN click on your destination airport DEST (ICAO),  new window choose ARRIVAL, choose your approach type, choose STAR any VIA if required, then R6 TMPY INSERT and that you can do while in the air.

P2A allows you to lock your arrival and departure so it will not change it on you

Good Luck

Edited by AndyCYXU
sp