Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

FBW320 with the custom fly by wire system is available

Got it  - I always forget the top menu in developers mode! Thanks and I apologise for the trouble.

Edmundo Azevedo

As someone that has been a boeing fan and never really understood the fly by wire system, what are things or differences i could look out for when trialing this as compared to your normal build with the old FBW system? Appreciate the work and its made me an Airbus fan.

Guys, that was one of the smoothest flight I had with the neo and MSFS. Now wish me luck that it wasn't just one of these MSFS mysteries and will not happen again. Landing was smooth. Though ILS RWY12 did not dial in automatically (I know I am spoiled) but handflying it down to the threshold was just nice. So nice that (sorry) I just had to post some more pics...

Screenshot-129.png

Screenshot-132.png

Screenshot-133.png

Screenshot-134.png

Edited by DAD
  • Like 5

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I did some hand flying with this. Is it placebo or ist it really more responsive, less sluggish and keeps attitude in turns? I did some touch and goes by hand (with ILS and without) around San Francisco and Oakland and really loved flying it.

• Like 1

Since it‘s to good to be true I just started another quicker hop from LOWI into LSZH. Already descending. All fine. Just 1 question as of now (following up that ILS did not auto dial on my previous flight above):  flight plan shows LSZH as destination. Nonetheless the FMS still says ENTER DEST DATA. What do I do wrong?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

13 minutes ago, crimplene said:

I did some hand flying with this. Is it placebo or ist it really more responsive, less sluggish and keeps attitude in turns? I did some touch and goes by hand (with ILS and without) around San Francisco and Oakland and really loved flying it.

Nope is not a placebo, this is what is the whole new fly by wire system all about 🙂 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

What is the instruction for the non "insiders"?

What do I do with A32NX_Downloader.exe?

What do I do with the existing Community folder A32NX since this also has A32NX folder. Does this new A32NX replace the current community\A32NX?

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Over the last several months I have become very confused about the A320 NX mod and FBW in general, and all the new pages in the mcdu that need to be filled in for flight. I have been waiting for someone like Real World A320 Pilot or Squirrel to make another tutorial video that explains it all.

Are we still waiting for the Autopilot to be fixed?

12 minutes ago, DAD said:

Since it‘s to good to be true I just started another quicker hop from LOWI into LSZH. Already descending. All fine. Just 1 question as of now (following up that ILS did not auto dial on my previous flight above):  flight plan shows LSZH as destination. Nonetheless the FMS still says ENTER DEST DATA. What do I do wrong?

Have you selected a runway/approach/minima in the FMGC?

Edited by 2reds2whites

7 minutes ago, Manny said:

What is the instruction for the non "insiders"?

What do I do with A32NX_Downloader.exe?

What do I do with the existing Community folder A32NX since this also has A32NX folder. Does this new A32NX replace the current community\A32NX?

I just deleted the actual folder in /community and downloaded and extracted the new ....cfbw.zip from the link above. That was all for me

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

20 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

runway

I did select the assigned rwy and so far that alone did do the trick. Just did the same now at LSZH with ILS34, will see how it ends this time, just about to turn on final in 5 mins from now

EDIT works just fine at LSZH, captured ILS and landing as we speak. Will try autoland this time 

EDIT2: yet another great flight. placebo or not. Great stuff!

Screenshot-142.png

Screenshot-147.png

Screenshot-151.png

Screenshot-152.png

Edited by DAD
  • Like 4

Phil Leaven

I really appreciate the speed of development and how open it is, but I think you are creating some extra work for you and confusion for some users by adding a third branch.

Sometimes if is better to keep things internal until things have stabilized a bit. 

Just my 2 cents.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

22 minutes ago, espent said:

I really appreciate the speed of development and how open it is, but I think you are creating some extra work for you and confusion for some users by adding a third branch.

Sometimes if is better to keep things internal until things have stabilized a bit. 

Just my 2 cents.

Why is it a bad thing if it is available for testing anyway? The user can at any time revert back to use the installer 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Let me clarify something here: the custom fly-by-wire system DOES NOT affect or modify the autopilot in any manner whatsoever. It only kicks in when hand-flying: the system will command the proper control surface deflections based on pitch and roll demand, as described in the original Airbus FBW patent. Currently, only normal law is implemented, with high-speed and alpha protection still to be completed. The benefits of the custom FBW are most evident on landing, as flare mode is properly implemented and you should no longer experience any wing dips or loss of control as with the default Asobo FBW.

• Like 17

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

13 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

Let me clarify something here: the custom fly-by-wire system DOES NOT affect or modify the autopilot in any manner whatsoever. It only kicks in when hand-flying

Noob question - does this mean that you cannot work on your own autopilot system that utilizes the FBW system you custom built because AP is hard coded in MSFS? Or is this a planned feature?