Sign in to follow this  
Ident

Reverb G2, PilotEdge, XP11 helpful tips

I'm coming from the Oculus platform CV1 and more recently Rift S. I've used VR with Native P3dv5, Flyinside P3Dv4, v3 and earlier builds of XP11. My Xplane11 (11.5) is stand alone and not via steam. So one of the 1st things I had to do to get my new Reverb G2 running XPlane 11 was to go to the Steam store and download Mixed Reality Portal for Windows.  So that's tip 1. Having uninstalled P3Dv5 and v4 as those platforms are dead to me with what's coming in MSFS, I'm just currently using Xplane11 while I still love P3Dv3 since I can use the PMDG with FS2Crew. The trade off is I will just have to wait a few years to get that back it seems as well as my A2A fleet.

Next issue that I wanted to change was I disliked how the cursor in XP11 would pop up while in VR. At night its a bright white light that has god rays so it's not ideal. With help from a XP forum member I found out I can assign a hotkey/controller button for that. Of course there is, its one of the things I love most about the UI of XP is how there are so many internal hotkeys without having to use lua, fsuipc scripts. So thats tip number two, if you have an extra unassigned controller key, assigning it to pop up of the cursor in VR allows you to hide it when your not needing the cursor.

My last issue was sound.I use PilotEdge so I have PilotEdge ATC sound set to play in the headset speakers and all other sounds to play in my computer speakers. Only issue was that sometimes when I would jump into VR, after awaking the Mixed Reality Portal, all the sound would go into the headset. Tip 3 for the fix is to go into the Mixed reality Portal settings under sound and disable the "When Mixed Reality Portal is running, switch to headset audio" feature. Also as a bonus tip coming from the RiftS, having the headphone speakers able to rotate up 90 degrees allow the user to adjust volume or only put sound mostly in one ear...which will be useful when running FS2crew again ;)

With all of these new issues resolved, I am loving the Reverb G2, which btw I dont use the controllers for in simming so if there are issues with them, i dont know about it first hand.