Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Tropical water

We already had this recent topic, we didn't need a new one to talk about the same things. Can some mod merge it?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

I sometimes wonder in which naive perfect world people like you live in? Do you really think, Asobo would use ressources to fix stuff no one cares about? What is this regularly updated development slide for then? We as customers NEED to "whine" about stuff they promised but are currently missing. Otherwise they could simply conclude: well, obviously nobody is bothered by the lacking watermasks, so why adding them anyway?

Think about it. It is always criticism driving a sim forward, not naive praising of everything. And of course, critisms tends to go abroad in forums, when many people share their disappointment. Thats life, all developers of unfinished games need to go through this...

criticism is not a problem and is very different form whining.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

So obviously none of you bothered listening to the guys at MS and Asobo in their last stream when they explained how they are aware of this and that all the masks were being updated and should be out in the next update? But of course, it's 2020 and much easier to whine about it instead.

They told the same BS 3 months ago after denying for months that this is an issue at all. And still here we are in DEC with not additional places with masks but even less than one month before. So you can listen to their BS for many more months me in the meanwhile want to see results. They have talked enough

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

I can confirm there are no tropical water masks at WSM - not good enough.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Faro, Portugal and the coastline until the Spanish border is gone too...word not allowed.

Was very beautiful...It was just as it is showing in Bing Maps.

Cheer,

RB

12 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Isn't this "by hand" project just the sort of thing that could be outsourced to the community, who would do it for free! 🤷‍♂️

Asobo, give the community the tools/know-how to do the water masks. 🤔 You will have the entire world done within a few months.

I think they haven't realized that they need help yet. Not sure if it is arrogance, or if they are contractually obligated to complete certain deliverables to receive payment.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

We are so well-trained to respond to the deceptive promises of media. After retiring from the cockpit I saw one of the 2020 trailers on the Tube and thought, "OMG" I can still get a taste of flight! I had given up on sims many years ago, but this was just too delicious-looking to pass up! I soon discovered that what they were showing me was a far cry from what I bought. It wasn’t horrid, but it was certainly a pale replication of the promos. You’ve seen that inviting replication of Monument valley that comes up during boot. Have you flown that valley? This is nothing new of course. Advertising has always worked this way, with exaggerated portrayals and promises. The very premise of this title is a bit absurd. They are promising us the whole world in gorgeous detail. That’s a bit of a leap in my book. I don’t think the technology to deliver that to a hobbyist yet exists. Still - the degree to which they do deliver it is pretty astounding. Since we can’t realistically have it all at present, that brings us back to the big one: which DO we want? A flight sim or a world sim? It looks like the compromise in trying to have both at the same time is going to result in a certain “lacking." Whining isn’t going to achieve much. It’s all on the buying public for expecting the (currently) impossible. Am I disappointed? Yes. But 2020 is still delivering a pretty stunning experience overall - especially when I think back to the 1980’s, when I was absolutely blown away by being able to "fly" on a computer using Microprose’s fabulous wire-frame flight sim. Get a grip people. 

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

This is about stuff that was already in the sim at some point. Pointing out regression is not whining. Its pointing out the LACK of progression. Apologists need to get a grip. If your satisfied .. go fly somewhere!! Every time the "dev team" touches the sim something gets broken "WITHOUT FAIL" 100% of the time. Enough with the word not allowed excuses.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

They certainly haven‘t taken them out for good. There must be a good reason for this.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Wasnt there something about seasonal variation changing tropical waters in the sim?  

16 hours ago, DaWu said:

They lost so much credit with me cos of this false advertising of tropical waters in all their videos which was all nothing but lies. How can a company get away with this. 

I wonder why.....

8 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

So obviously none of you bothered listening to the guys at MS and Asobo in their last stream when they explained how they are aware of this and that all the masks were being updated and should be out in the next update? But of course, it's 2020 and much easier to whine about it instead.

Perhaps it's because you get people like this guy, who obviously haven't actually watched the update themselves, ignore the fact that they actually said this would be sorted months ago, and continue to suggest you're whining.

Microsoft is so lucky. It has so many stupid people defending their appalling practices. To this day they're showing false advertising in pretty much every trailer and advert, and people still defend it. Amazing.

They really are, in any other gaming franchise, they would already earned a huge sh*storm for continously publishing game trailer not showing the actual product without putting a correct disclaimer in it. I wonder why, because MS already gained bad reputation for "downgrading" some years ago...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

10 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

I wonder why.....

Perhaps it's because you get people like this guy, who obviously haven't actually watched the update themselves, ignore the fact that they actually said this would be sorted months ago, and continue to suggest you're whining.

Microsoft is so lucky. It has so many stupid people defending their appalling practices. To this day they're showing false advertising in pretty much every trailer and advert, and people still defend it. Amazing.

I agree with everything you said except when you called people stupid. They are not stupid. They just have different opinions. I could see someone not thinking this is important if it doesn't impact the type of flying they like. As far as I'm concerned, it is fair to criticize MS/AS - they signed up for that. I've seen a number of issues on the wishlist that I don't care about. I don't care about lessons, log books, challenges... If I could uninstall all of that content, I would.

That being said, I do agree that this is false advertising and that it is a major issue. The water looks terrible - pretty much all of it. 1/2 the time it doesn't actually look like water; it looks like an untextured hole in the scenery with absolutely no color variation unless you artificially jack up the wind. It looks like all of the water is the same color right now with a slightly teal tint in tropical areas. In Cancun, for example, the water should look like Windex. 90 mins south it should be more of a milky green, while transitioning back to Windex farther south. Considering the level of detail we are seeing on land, I hoped that the sim would at least capture those variances, but it doesn't. Not even close, and without the water masks, you really could be flying anywhere.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

6 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

We already had this recent topic, we didn't need a new one to talk about the same things. Can some mod merge it?

If you read the OP, this is about me asking if anyone knows if there is still a place with tropical water where I can make a flight. It has nothing to do with the topic you are mentioning. Some people changed the subject but this is not what the thread was about.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White