Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Tropical water

52 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

I agree with everything you said except when you called people stupid. They are not stupid. They just have different opinions. I could see someone not thinking this is important if it doesn't impact the type of flying they like. As far as I'm concerned, it is fair to criticize MS/AS - they signed up for that. I've seen a number of issues on the wishlist that I don't care about. I don't care about lessons, log books, challenges... If I could uninstall all of that content, I would.

That being said, I do agree that this is false advertising and that it is a major issue. The water looks terrible - pretty much all of it. 1/2 the time it doesn't actually look like water; it looks like an untextured hole in the scenery with absolutely no color variation unless you artificially jack up the wind. It looks like all of the water is the same color right now with a slightly teal tint in tropical areas. In Cancun, for example, the water should look like Windex. 90 mins south it should be more of a milky green, while transitioning back to Windex farther south. Considering the level of detail we are seeing on land, I hoped that the sim would at least capture those variances, but it doesn't. Not even close, and without the water masks, you really could be flying anywhere.

Having a different outlook on the general state of the simulator is a different opinion.

Calling someone a 'whiner' because that person just wants what was (and still is) promised to them in marketing material, and not some massively inferior product - is regrettably stupid.

• Like 2

The crippling updates are now a constant. It would be nice to know why this is happening.

I am pretty sure that on day 1 (August) we had:

much better looking water even with no wind (now it looks like X-Plane when it's calm)

MUCH better water masks 

larger scenery radius

All these things have been nerfed. Why? To improve performance? To reduce required bandwidth? For other reasons?

Ideas?

Andrea

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DaWu said:

They told the same BS 3 months ago after denying for months that this is an issue at all. And still here we are in DEC with not additional places with masks but even less than one month before. So you can listen to their BS for many more months me in the meanwhile want to see results. They have talked enough

It's simply indicative of the current poor state that MSFS finds itself in. Maybe Asobo will get it all sorted out soon 🤷‍♂️

But in the mean time I'm not spending a cent on MSFS until Asobo get their act together, apparently it takes weeks for devs to get their updates into the official store. 🤦‍♂️

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/k8rbfo/the_sad_state_of_the_official_msfs_marketplace/

Matthew S

32 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

Having a different outlook on the general state of the simulator is a different opinion.

Calling someone a 'whiner' because that person just wants what was (and still is) promised to them in marketing material, and not some massively inferior product - is regrettably stupid.

I'm not in favor of calling anyone names.

17 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

The crippling updates are now a constant. It would be nice to know why this is happening.

much better looking water even with no wind (now it looks like X-Plane when it's calm)

MUCH better water masks 

larger scenery radius

All these things have been nerfed. Why? To improve performance? To reduce required bandwidth? For other reasons?

Ideas?

Andrea

That brings up something I hadn't considered. What if their back end isn't able to keep up with demand, so they have been trying to reduce bandwidth to reduce strain on their end? Perhaps this was obvious to some (ok, many), but it just clicked with me.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guys, can you please stop the off-topic as I asked before? I just want people to post the locations where can we still see the green/light blue water. Please go whine in the other thread about the water masks.

If people continue hijacking the thread I ask the moderators to close it.

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

Guys, can you please stop the off-topic as I asked before? I just want people to post the locations where can we still see the green/light blue water.

It looks like the tropical water has all gone Alvega!  As there is not much of a positive response on here.  I saw some tropical water around the Bahamas a few months ago, and I have not seen it since.  I think it was around Half Moon Bay.  I will check again tonight.

PS.  I just had a flight back to the same areas in the Bahamas.  There is turquoise water if that is what you mean by tropical water, but it is very uniform, and all of the beautiful reefs and underwater sand bars are totally gone. ☹️

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, ADamiani said:

MUCH better water masks 

larger scenery radius

Ideas?

Andrea

Nerfs...

Because even with turning all the settings to low, everyone would only have about 15FPS max in VR...!!!

And we know VR is coming for Christmas which equals more sales and more money for ABOSO!

Now...

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!  😉

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

Guys, can you please stop the off-topic as I asked before? I just want people to post the locations where can we still see the green/light blue water. Please go whine in the other thread about the water masks.

If people continue hijacking the thread I ask the moderators to close it.

Thanks.

Maybe it's actually because no one is able to post any locations where there is "Tropical" water.... ?

It's like posting a Topic:

Please post here only if you don't currently have any photogrammy/autopilot/fight model/add-on conflicts, issues or complaints... then wondering why it went off topic... LOL!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

12 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Maybe it's actually because no one is able to post any locations where there is "Tropical" water.... ?

It's like posting a Topic:

Please post here only if you don't currently have any photogrammy/autopilot/fight model/add-on conflicts, issues or complaints... then wondering why it went off topic... LOL!

If no one has anything useful to reply to what was asked in the OP it's better not to post. If you want to post complaints about Asobo or Microsoft or whatever or discuss other matters not related to this thread go open your own thread.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, ADamiani said:

I think they just don't have enough people to do all the work that's needed (especially with VR & XBox also being worked on)... they are spread "too thin" IMO.

They should make a serious effort to integrate some of the community into their "team".  

Those people working on the A320 and G1000 mods should be "official community partners" who work on the A320 and G1000 avionics in MSFS.  They clearly have the talent and time to deliver better A320/G1000 avionics than Asobo. 🤔   Heck maybe even throw a few dollars their way for their excellent efforts. 🤑

I remember when, on this forum, maybe a year or more ago, some people were suggesting that Asobo, with their team of "200+" devs, would produce avionics that exceeded the level of PMDG. 🤣

And why oh why have Asobo locked the Premium and Premium Deluxe aircraft so that they can't be modded?  A really "dumb move" IMO, I'll never upgrade to the Deluxe/Premium Deluxe versions whilst Asobo prohibits the community from fixing bugs. 🤦‍♂️

Anyway Asobo, re the community talent, "use the force". 💪

Matthew S

I found one location with coral reefs.

EL60UTg.jpg

Governer's Harbour. The whole island  from south to north have them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

I found one location with coral reefs.

Governer's Harbour. The whole island  from south to north have them.

Thanks Bijan, this is the kind of reply I'm looking for. Appreciate it.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

12 hours ago, Alvega said:

Thanks Bijan, this is the kind of reply I'm looking for. Appreciate it.

Alvega, just to know, aren't you willing to know why some great features of MSFS are gradually but steadily disappearing? Or are you just asking to move it to a new thread?

Thanks

Andrea

9 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

Alvega, just to know, aren't you willing to know why some great features of MSFS are gradually but steadily disappearing? Or are you just asking to move it to a new thread?

Thanks

Andrea

No, nobody here knows the answer to that question and there are already lots of threads discussing that. I would like this one to be for people to post about places where we still can find nice tropical water. 

Thanks for respecting that.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

When I saw your thread, I was all set to recommend flying in the vicinity of South Caicos island (MBSC). I flew there a couple of weeks ago and it was very nice. I decided I better go check before I posted and all the coral is gone. Just milky-blue water. What a letdown.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)