Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Tropical water

5 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

So I guess that means the water masks depend on that file which means they cannot be updated via the streaming scenery data, a simulator update is needed. This is the second mistaken statement that Asobo made in the latest Q&A.

They need to clarify what the heck is going on really fast. They said they would be enabling water masks within a few days, not remove them.

Maybe that now, removed all the static (pc based) water masks, they can start streaming the new ones....

(please let me hope 🙂 )

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Bijan,

Does the old file "WaterBlurMasks.cgl" bring back the water masks everywhere?

If they are reading our threads, expect that they will change the file name just to ruin our day. LOL

No, only few but if we find someone with even an older file WaterBlurMasks, we should be able to see more tropical waters. 

Asobo better explain what's going on soon. 

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

The best thing that I've gotten out of this thread is that we need to keep asking for the the water masks to be enabled ASAP. They soon get the message.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The best thing that I've gotten out of this thread is that we need to keep asking for the the water masks to be enabled ASAP. They soon get the message.

They did get the message.  The only placed that had tropical water was the one I mentioned yesterday and they acted on it quickly with a hotfix to remove it. 

• Like 3

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

5 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

No, only few but if we find someone with even an older file WaterBlurMasks, we should be able to see more tropical waters. 

Asobo better explain what's going on soon. 

Here's hoping for that ;

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

1 minute ago, P_R_S said:

Maybe that now, removed all the static (pc based) water masks, they can start streaming the new ones....

(please let me hope 🙂 )

The file is really small, 74KB. It seems to be merely dictating which water masks are allowed to appear and which are blocked from the streaming data. Unfortunately I have the feeling that without water masks getting enabled via that file, they will continue to be blocked no matter what the online satellite imagery streams to the simulator.

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It seems that the more we complain, the more water masks get removed. Personally I'm just getting tired of all this. I've completely stopped using the simulator, and I'll probably stop filing bug reports and trying to bring attention to major issues like this one. It feels like a lost cause at this point...

I‘m as curious as everybody else as to why they removed all the masks. However, I’m trying to remain patient as I can’t imagine that this will be for long. It just wouldn‘t make any sense. My bet is that we‘re in for a major water mask update soon, as promised, just a bit later than expected. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

13 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

They did get the message.  The only placed that had tropical water was the one I mentioned yesterday and they acted on it quickly with a hotfix to remove it. 

True. They fix some and break some. Then they have to fix what they break. Then it starts all over again. The wheel is turning.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The file is really small, 74KB. It seems to be merely dictating which water masks are allowed to appear and which are blocked from the streaming data. Unfortunately I have the feeling that without water masks getting enabled via that file, they will continue to be blocked no matter what the online satellite imagery streams to the simulator.

It seems that the more we complain, the more water masks get removed. Personally I'm just getting tired of all this. I've completely stopped using the simulator, and I'll probably stop filing bug reports and trying to bring attention to major issues like this one. It feels like a lost cause at this point...

The backup file that I have is about 300K. So they removed a big chunk of it. 

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:

47 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

I‘m as curious as everybody else as to why they removed all the masks. However, I’m trying to remain patient as I can’t imagine that this will be for long. It just wouldn‘t make any sense. My bet is that we‘re in for a major water mask update soon, as promised, just a bit later than expected. 

I think having water masks appearing in even one location with a high-level update on WIP would go a long way...

3 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

Today's update removed the water masking from Governer's Harbour which was there yesterday.  Now it's all gone. I see the file WaterBlurMasks.cgl updated today with the new small update. I wonder why microsoft is placing a huge blur over tropical waters.

I do have an older file WaterBlurMasks.cgl which I will try to see if I can bring back the coral.

Is the blur their way of excluding the satellite imagery to make room for the hand edits? I do know a lot of the marinas were picked up and look as if they are submerged along the shore. Was this the problem they were/are trying to rectify? Thinking about the tropical water we saw in the trailers, did any of those areas include marinas? 

If the developers would just provide a detailed explanation of the problem, a detailed explanation the solution, a detailed timeline for implementing the solution, they could cut down on these conversations. At least we could point people to the best available info. I think they owe us at least that much. 

Again, if you are not transparent, people will speculate in an effort to fill in the information gaps.

Edited by duckbilled
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

29 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Is the blur their way of excluding the satellite imagery to make room for the hand edits? I do know a lot of the marinas were picked up and look as if they are submerged along the shore. Was this the problem they were/are trying to rectify? Thinking about the tropical water we saw in the trailers, did any of those areas include marinas? 

If the developers would just provide a detailed explanation of the problem, a detailed explanation the solution, a detailed timeline for implementing the solution, they could cut down on these conversations. At least we could point people to the best available info. I think they owe us at least that much. 

Again, if you are not transparent, people will speculate in an effort to fill in the information gaps.

I never saw this as a problem. These tropical areas were mostly clear of any objects. They were only showing satellite imagery of coral reefs. They are intentionally being blurred by this file WaterBlurMasks.cgl

I hadn't visited marinas before but I believe ALL areas had tropical waters where it was suppose to at beginning since it's all based on satellite imagery but little by little they are blurring them after each update. 

Yes, waiting for an explanation from them.

You can see here the tropical water color underneath the blurred area. Starting from few feet in water the blur starts. The textures are underneath.

mHc5SMh.jpg

That's how it was before blur:

tGqE1PW.png

• Like 2

Gaming Laptop:

I'm so tired of being gaslit on this by the devs for the last 3 months.  If they can't be honest and transparent about this one thing, how can we trust them on the actual sim aspects of the sim.  It's total BS.

I haven't updated my sim with the latest hotfix, I'll try to make a copy of that file beforehand and see if I can put it back in to disable the blur afterward...

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

That's how it was before blur:

tGqE1PW.png

I would love to have those water colors in my sim. The water color of the sand blends smoothly into different shades of blue. Then the water caps is the icing on the cake. Just beautiful! This is why I fell in love with the sim and bought every airport that I could get. Now we are at the mercy f ASOBO to please restore those colors. PLEASE!

• Like 1

I don't understand the logic behind blurring and removing scenery. What kind of developer makes their product worse intentionally after selling a million copies?

I love this sim. It's amazing. 

But is Microsoft trying to make the PC version less attractive before the Xbox release?

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s