Sign in to follow this  
AndreNr22

Business Jets

17 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Have you made any other Mods? Any idea on how to get a little bit more light on the cockpit panel?

Flaps TO/APR are generating too much drag and too much nose up, but I haven‘t modified that yet.

Light in the cockpit: I gave up and I‘m waiting for the fix, since this is reported to be the cas for many aircraft. In P3D 5.0 I could disable HDR while leaving EA on, that helped. I also turned of receiving shadows for the aircraft.

Leaving Landing Lights on does help, too - although I avoid this, because switching of the Landing Lights is very procedural: Recog for taxi and when reducing Takeoff Thrust to Climb Thrust until passing 10,000 ft; on when cleared for takeoff or when on the approach. Training of Standard Operating Procedures is a great benefit of the sim.

Pilot licenses: CPL, IRI, C510, MEP, CRI SEP
P3D V5 professional
CPU: i9-10900K, GPU: RTX 3090, MB: MSI Z490A PRO,
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2 TB) + M.2 (1 TB) , RAM: 32 GB (3600 MHz, CL_16-16-16-36),
water cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro + MO-RA3 420 LT, Display: Panasonic 58“ 4K

You might like the IRIS Pilatus PC-24. Really nice Aircraft and works well in all P3D.

1 hour ago, AndiKunzi said:

Flaps TO/APR are generating too much drag and too much nose up, but I haven‘t modified that yet.

Thanks for the info. Please do let us know if you get that sorted out.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

A study level (in other words, detailed and accurate) Pilatus PC24 would be the business jet of choice for me. The ability to operate to and from short, unpaved runways considerably increases the number of possible destinations, and the autothrottle would allow even n00bs like me to fly it :laugh:

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

A study level (in other words, detailed and accurate) Pilatus PC24 would be the business jet of choice for me. The ability to operate to and from short, unpaved runways considerably increases the number of possible destinations, and the autothrottle would allow even n00bs like me to fly it :laugh:

If there is a developer, who is thinking about doing it just contact me. There is a 80% chance i am gonna start Type Rating on PC24 in febuary. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

23 hours ago, windycloud said:

Hi Rich, could you elaborate on the “roll & yaw coupling” you mentioned? The one issue I have with the FSW 35 is that it yaws very significantly when I bank. If that’s indeed accurate behavior I’ll reinstall it. Thanks in advance.

Hi Jason,

In a swept wing airplane, when the airplane suddenly yaws the advancing wing develops significantly more lift than the retreating wing.  The additional lift from the advancing wing induces a roll moment that occurs with the yaw.  The greater the yaw, the greater the roll.  

During an on-the-ground V1 cut, the yaw/roll coupling is not that noticeable, but can occur.   When the engine fails, the nose yaws in the direction of the failed engine. The pilot corrects with rudder and it's important that they keep the nose straight with rudder as the reach VR and begin the rotation.  If the airplane is yawing at VR speed and they begin rotation which raises the nose wheel, the roll will likely begin.  The Lear 35 can roll 13 degrees before a tip tank strike occurs, after which the airplane will go a## over tea kettle.  I know of at least two Lear 35 training accidents, including a famous one in DAL with the FAA on board, where this happened.  The aircraft was destroyed and the crew killed. 

If the engine fails after takeoff or during a go around, the first indication the pilot has of the engine failure will be a sharp yaw accompanied by a sharp roll into the failed engine.  Correcting for just the roll with ailerons only does not solve the problem and can result in a very wild ride.  The correct pilot response is to apply rudder opposite the direct of yaw and roll, and then level the wings with the ailerons. 

A demonstration that I would do in the simulator if the pilot had problems with a V1 cut, I would come up and sit in the right seat with the client in the left seat.  We would do a V1 cut.  I told the client that he/she would control just the rudder, and I would control both the ailerons and rudder.  First V1 cut was just a directional control exercise. I would fail the engine and they were to keep it straight without any rotation.  We'd go off the end of  runway, but that was planned and briefed.   When they were good with directional control with the rudder, we would do the same V1 cut with the client keeping it straight with rudder.  I would then rotate the airplane at VR speed. The client would then keep the airplane straight with the rudder.  I would control the ailerons and elevator, pitching to maintain V2 to V2+10.  When I had the airplane stable and trimmed in pitch for V2/V2+10, I would take my hands off the controls.  The client would usually jump to gab the yoke, but I would tell them NO, those are my controls.  We would climb straight out to 1500 to 3000' above the airport with no yaw (client controlling the rudder), the wings level and trimmed for  V2/V2+10.  This was to show the client that if you kept the yaw under control, the airplane will fly away with little effort. 

The final part of the demonstration, I would tell the client to release the rudder.  The airplane would immediately yaw into the failed engine and very pronounced roll would start in the same direction. In no time, the roll was well past 30 degrees and the nose was going down to and below the horizon.  That would happen in about a second or two.  The lesson was simple....DO NOT LET THE AIRPLANE YAW WITH AN ENGINE FAILURE.  Close to the ground, at rotation or shortly after, that was a quick way to die. 

If this demonstration, which was taught to me by Jerry Griggs, long time instructor and our Director of Standards, I never had an issue with a client and a V1 cut. 

You can do this demonstration if Flysimware's Lear 35 and it is pretty much spot on with the Level C FFS simulator - Lear 35 sims were never Level D certified, but I have done similar demos in the CL300 Level D and Lear 45 Level D. 

Hope this helps.

Rich Boll

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

21 hours ago, AndreNr22 said:

Hi Rich,

you could some documents for the lear35? Performance tables etc. to calculate accurate V speeds e.g.

Cheers

Andre

Andre, 

I believe that AVSIM frowns on posting documents from official copywrite AFMs, etc. I don't know if there is another way to get this information out? 

Rich 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

On 12/8/2020 at 11:47 AM, AndreNr22 said:

Hi Rich,

you could some documents for the lear35? Performance tables etc. to calculate accurate V speeds e.g.

Cheers

Andre

You may find some of this reference info on the Lear35 from the Flysimware AVSIM forum useful:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/557395-learjet-35a-reference-information/

And of course, a GOOGLE search for Learjet35 manual will turn up other possibilities.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 6:26 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

There’s Xtreme Prototypes Lear25 which is a 70s model. Not the easiest to fly but its flight model is accurate. Very well modelled virtual cockpit with the ability to integrate the GTN 750 into the panel.

https://www.xtremeprototypes.com/shopexd.asp?id=48#collapse4

You will need a huge computer for this and if you do have one it's about the most in-depth plane there is.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

9 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

You will need a huge computer for this and if you do have one it's about the most in-depth plane there is.

Huge? My computer (see specs) is 2 years old and runs it fine. The only issue is it consumes quite a bit of VRAM and combined with UHD and Orbx Bilbao causes my frame rates to drop below 30 when dynamic lighting is enabled.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Huge? My computer (see specs) is 2 years old and runs it fine. The only issue is it consumes quite a bit of VRAM and combined with UHD and Orbx Bilbao causes my frame rates to drop below 30 when dynamic lighting is enabled.

How terrible for you. Frames below 30? How do you survive?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

6 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

How terrible for you. Frames below 30? How do you survive?

When you spend nearly three grand on a PC it should be expected. It’s caused by poorly implemented code causing dynamic lighting code to be run in daylight.  Not my settings being too high.

The GPU usage goes to 100% causing the stutters, not high user settings.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

I know your system is good.

I was just being facetious.🤓

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Don’t worry Ian. I just wanted to explain what the problem was. Probably P3D code which may be fixed in v5 but I’m not ready for all the upheaval in moving to that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Don’t worry Ian. I just wanted to explain what the problem was. Probably P3D code which may be fixed in v5 but I’m not ready for all the upheaval in moving to that.

I was going to treat myself to v5 in the New Year but this morning my system SSD started giving problems akin to those heralding a failure (Hark, the failure Angels sing, very apposite for the time of year). So that cash is going into a new SSD.

• Like 1