Sign in to follow this  
Roman Design

CYKZ Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport is released

Glad you like it!

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

On 12/7/2020 at 11:41 PM, Roman Design said:

I'm releasing my CYKZ Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport scenery I've been working on for the last month. I have put a lot of effort into it and I hope it will be enjoyed by many. I will certainly enjoy it myself soon, when VR support is released.

It uses hi-definition PBR textures, transparent and parallax windows, 2 open hangars for small and large GA with interior modelling and airplane starts so you can spawn inside a hangar, both towers are manned and have modelled interiors, all runways and taxiways and signs are redone, custom night lighting and signs are everywhere and so on.

Here are some screenshots to see what it looks like:

Awesome work. I went ahead and downloaded all your sceneries.  Great job enhancing the Toronto area.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

57 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Awesome work. I went ahead and downloaded all your sceneries.  Great job enhancing the Toronto area.

Thanks, enjoy! I'm working on CYOW now.

• Like 1

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]

One note about open hangare starting spots: the open hangars have “start positions” inside – you can select them as a spawning point in your flight. So you can start your flight with a cold airplane inside that hangar. But all start points are randomly populated by MSFS unless you are occupying it at the moment. So sometimes you couldn’t finish your flight there, as the place will be occupied. Other times you will be. For now, it’s not possible to change that. So sometimes you will see planes, cars and buses randomly spawn in all start points… I saw a bus in the hangar once, it looked hilarious. Nothing I can do about that. You can prevent it from happening by reducing the amount of ground vehicles in the sim to zero. This will affect the whole sim though.

I just had a look at my scenery in VR. Despite VR not yet working really well on my system, those parallax office windows look so 3D in VR, I'm surprised. They really have depth to them, even without moving. Need better performance though, to really enjoy a dense area in VR. But there's no turning back now, it's so beautiful...