Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Upgrade to 3090 or buy whole PC?

I currently have a 6700K OC, 980ti, 32GB RAM. I only play MSFS 2020, XP11 or P3D on 3 4K screens.

Would my CPU be a bottleneck if I only get a 3090? Or should I get a whole PC with a 10900k?

The problem is, if I get the GPU and it's no good, how do I get a system from a PC builder without a GPU.

Quite how you're running 3 4k screens off a 980ti I'll never know 😲 😀 but MSFS will see quite a big jump in performance with a 3090. P3D tends to be more CPU limited so you'd probably see more of an improvement with a CPU upgrade (although I'm sure a 3090 would improve things). Look for the fastest single thread performance you can, despite all the improvements LM have made P3D still seems to hang off it's main thread.

As ever it'll come down to money and which game you want to prioritise; and only you can decide that.

With regards to your last question you have 4 options

1 - Build your own and use your existing 3090

2 - Spec your wonderPC and sell the 3090

3 - Spec your wonderPC with the cheapest Gfx card they'll allow and swap it for the 3090 on arrival and sell the cheap one

4 - Talk to the System builders and find one who'll sell you a machine without a Gfx card

Hope this helps,

Ian