Sign in to follow this  
Roman Design

Calling all Canadians: decision for my next Canadian airport

29 minutes ago, Roman Design said:

Thank you for this information. Wow, my options are very limited. I don't think I should compete with a good freeware, if it's coming soon. Looks like my best bet is CYOW, because it seems like nobody is working on that. I is available from Simaddons, but it's quite expensive, and not in MSFS Marketplace. I don't see any medium-sized (or large for that matter) airport in Canada that is not being worked on or available already.

I agree that SimAddons is over priced and the quality you are proving with your sceneries is higher in my opinion. I think there is a market for CYOW for many people who can’t justify Simaddons price for the quality they provide. 

CYOW is a gateway for both US, EU and Canadian airlines and I presume would attract a large customer base. 

Simply my feedback and opinion! 

2 minutes ago, nosaj_armstrong said:

I agree that SimAddons is over priced and the quality you are proving with your sceneries is higher in my opinion. I think there is a market for CYOW for many people who can’t justify Simaddons price for the quality they provide. 

CYOW is a gateway for both US, EU and Canadian airlines and I presume would attract a large customer base. 

Simply my feedback and opinion! 

Thanks. The amazingly useful discussion in this topic led me to believe so far that this is my best bet, and almost the only option left...

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

I’d buy YOW from you 

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

make it three

But after do CYOO  Many flights I have done from Oshawa to Ottawa.  Would be good to do it in the sim

On weekend will buy the Buttonvile scenery Looks good

Well, I would be a fourth! I grew up in Ottawa and know that airport well. 

I also agree what CYOO. In fact, there are a good number similar airports that would be really nice to have. 

Dan Scott

18 hours ago, Roman Design said:

I is available from Simaddons, but it's quite expensive, and not in MSFS Marketplace. 

Most likely, CYOW and the other airports released by Simaddons will make their way to the MSFS marketplace.  I wouldn't be surprised if Simaddons has already applied to the MSFS marketplace to release their products there (why not, it's just extra money for Simaddons, especially with the upcoming XBox release of MSFS).  Microsoft/Asobo are just slow to release 3rd party sceneries to the MSFS marketplace, even if the 3rd parties have applied way in advance.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

For CYMX Mirabel, I work with JP Fillion on this airport since 2 years (FSX/Prepar3D released in 2019 and MSFS - native is released as WIP). All versions are freeware: http://frenchvfr.free.fr

CYMX-Panoramique-POIs.jpg

Edited by lagaffe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

42 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Most likely, CYOW and the other airports released by Simaddons will make their way to the MSFS marketplace.  I wouldn't be surprised if Simaddons has already applied to the MSFS marketplace to release their products there (why not, it's just extra money for Simaddons, especially with the upcoming XBox release of MSFS).  Microsoft/Asobo are just slow to release 3rd party sceneries to the MSFS marketplace, even if the 3rd parties have applied way in advance.

There's no guarantee of course. They can also decide to drop their high prices to normal levels for Marketplace... Worst case, it will exist in parallel. I really want to avoid it, but it happens when there are 2 versions in the market...

• Like 1

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

Very true and it will come down to quality vs price. Even if they’re prices go down if your quality is superior and native to MSFS customers will pick your product. Vice versa. 

I can almost guarantee Ralph @ Simaddons has no interest in putting his products on the marketplace.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I can almost guarantee Ralph @ Simaddons has no interest in putting his products on the marketplace.

That's what I wanted to add, too. I've been a (satisfied) Simaddons customer for many years and I don't recall him selling anywhere else than over his own site. Say never never, but this just isn't his style of doing things.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Even did the museum which is nice, although it's the wrong colour. It should be pinkish or salmon colour not gray.

Edited by Tuskin38