Sign in to follow this  
maraponga

A320 ASOBO VOR

I have a problem with the a320 VOR.

During the flight he takes a while to enter.

Usually the DME appears close to 38mn. Where did I go wrong or is it a bug?

Gracias

Maraponga..

Apologies but maybe you can rephrase your question as I do not understand what you mean by „Asobo VOR“ and what you expect to enter? You mean when you enter a frequency of a VOR? Also, taking into account that a VOR is a fixed radio transmitter station on the ground the DME varies obviously depending on your distance to that VOR station.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Hi Dad.

I'm at level 340 waiting for the DME to appear so I can calculate the TOD. However, the VOR only comes in very close, approximately 35 nautical miles.

FMSF 2020 - A 320 with mod from Github ..

Got it. I am lazy and fly with preconfigured flightplan and don’t dial in VORs. Maybe someone else can check this but then we would need the VOR name/ident and freq. I just know that IRL there are VORs with different transmission range and especially terminal VORs (hope that was the correct name, many moons ago I used paper Jepesen charts and knew those knitty gritty details better) can only be received within airport/terminal vicinity. Maybe you caught one of those. 

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"