Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Air Hauler 2 for MSFS

Does anyone else find that the process of fully regenerating your airports database from scratch takes an extremely long time?

So I just started with AH2. I pick career mode. Man. I will fly a lot of that C172 before I can afford anything

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Does anyone else find that the process of fully regenerating your airports database from scratch takes an extremely long time?

Nope, not had that.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If you have AH2 for MSFS and X-Plane (2 separate apps), can you use the same company between the two?

Joe

Edited by mihalich
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, mihalich said:

If you have AH2 for MSFS and X-Plane (2 separate apps), can you use the same company between the two?

Joe

Nope. And sort of yes too. To explain:

Since MSFS and XPlane have different aeroplanes, different airports etc, there is no way to sync things up between the two sims without the potential for errors. But some stuff can be sync'd up, for example money.

So what you can do, is start a Virtual Airline from one Air Hauler company, then have your other MSFS company join it. You can can transfer money between companies if you do that. There are limits on other stuff however, since the type descriptions differ between the sims, but via the VA route these companies can be working in unison. I can't say I've ever tried it, but apparently it does work.

Alan Bradbury

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Nope. And sort of yes too. To explain:

Since MSFS and XPlane have different aeroplanes, different airports etc, there is no way to sync things up between the two sims without the potential for errors. But some stuff can be sync'd up, for example money.

So what you can do, is start a Virtual Airline from one Air Hauler company, then have your other MSFS company join it. You can can transfer money between companies if you do that. There are limits on other stuff however, since the type descriptions differ between the sims, but via the VA route these companies can be working in unison. I can't say I've ever tried it, but apparently it does work.

OK, thanks for the info.  And yeah, i get the issues with the different sims being a problem.  That's both the upside and downside with onair.

17 minutes ago, mihalich said:

OK, thanks for the info.  And yeah, i get the issues with the different sims being a problem.  That's both the upside and downside with onair.

One interesting thing you can do is have your AI pilots fly planes in MSFS which are not yet made for the sim though (with a bit of a sneaky trick). If you import any P3D or FSX plane into MSFS, it doesn't matter if it is unflyable (for example if it has no VC, or it flies badly), it is still in MSFS, so you can import it into Air Hauler in MSFS, then you can either lease it or buy it and have your AI pilots operate it.

I have my AI pilots operating the Flight Replicas North Star/Argonaut (which was a hybrid DC4/6 with Merlin engines made by Canadair) as a passenger airliner, flying a scheduled triangular route around three of my bases in Africa doing this. It pulls in a few hundred thousand every month in revenue, with me not having to do anything at all. In fact this one is flyable in MSFS and does have a VC which functions, and I did paint a livery for it too so that if I see it flying around when I'm at an airport it is operating from it looks okay, but it wouldn't really matter if it actually wasn't flyable, so long as I could import it into the sim and check the basic stats of it were correct.

YardOao.png

vGK2JNE.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury