Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

I miss Poppet! - is she still around?

24 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Maybe, but it's not really our business. Perhaps she just chose to move on...

Hi Ian,

Sorry, but I’m afraid I have to take issue with this comment. Elaine (aka ‘Poppet’) was held in very high regard by her many followers, including myself. I believe, we shared a mutual respect.

How many of us here have decided to take a break from active participation on these forums and yet our curiosity continues to feed a compulsion to keep abreast of developments? Posts enquiring about ‘Poppet’ have appeared before and one can be reasonably sure that Elaine is aware of our concerns. So, why has she not attempted to draw a line under this by posting a quick explanation? Ducking out without so much of a word does not seem to be in keeping with her character.

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, flightskyc said:

Honestly, a bit weird to start chasing down someone in their personal life.

You are choosing to misinterpret what is happening here. Why the desire to rush to judgement and cast doubt on our motives? Sadly, this is a sign of our times these days. 

Mike

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Ian,

Sorry, but I’m afraid I have to take issue with this comment. Elaine (aka ‘Poppet’) was held in very high regard by her many followers, including myself. I believe, we shared a mutual respect.

How many of us here have decided to take a break from active participation on these forums and yet our curiosity continues to feed a compulsion to keep abreast of developments? Posts enquiring about ‘Poppet’ have appeared before and one can be reasonably sure that Elaine is aware of our concerns. So, why has she not attempted to draw a line under this by posting a quick explanation? Ducking out without so much of a word does not seem to be in keeping with her character.

Regards,

Mike

Hello Mike

I don't doubt Elaine's contribution to the flightsim community, I have benefitted from her advice myself. But she has moved on, so be it. Maybe it was a lifestyle change, work commitments, health issues, who knows?

I can't help thinking you are looking a little too deeply into this, almost suggesting foul play?

Ian S

38.jpg

As caustic as this forum can turn some time I just hope she didn't get her feelings hurt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

971 views in less than 24hrs. Speaks for itself I’d say!

Guys, This is an interesting topic and the admiration for Elaine (poppet) is well deserved.  She retired from the siming world and I think we should all respect her reason for doing so without trying to be detectives as to why. 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just now, charliearon said:

Guys, This is an interesting topic and the admiration for Elaine (poppet) is well deserved.  She retired from the siming world and I think we should all respect her reason for doing so without trying to be detectives as to why. 😄

Why not lock this?

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 minute ago, pgde said:

Why not lock this?

No need, yet!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

She made a big impression on the Flightsim community as all these posts show

i personally had some real flight simming saving advice from her

However nothing is forever -life goes on 

I am sure she wants to be left in peace and we should respect that but we won’t forget her -she helped us all so much

xxd09

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

I am sure she wants to be left in peace

Hi,

With respect, you are making an assumption for which we have no real evidence.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by Cruachan

h r

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Guys, This is an interesting topic and the admiration for Elaine (poppet) is well deserved.  She retired from the siming world and I think we should all respect her reason for doing so without trying to be detectives as to why.

Hi Charlie,

No doubt there is a simple explanation devoid of any fodder for the conspiracy theorists should they, god forbid, appear in this thread.

This could be cleared up quite quickly. Perhaps someone from the AVSIM staff could get in touch with Elaine and bring this discussion to her attention? Just a suggestion.

Kind regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

h r

Hi Charlie,

No doubt there is a simple explanation devoid of any fodder for the conspiracy theorists should they, god forbid, appear in this thread.

This could be cleared up quite quickly. Perhaps someone from the AVSIM staff could get in touch with Elaine and bring this discussion to her attention? Just a suggestion.

Kind regards,

Mike

From what I understand from Jim Young, she was retiring totally from the flightsim scene and wanted no further contact with the forums.  There is no reason that any of us should try contacting her.  She has our email addresses and would contact us if she wanted to.

Can we leave it at that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Charlie Aron

4 minutes ago, charliearon said:

From what I understand from Jim Young, she was retiring totally from the flightsim scene and wanted no further contact with the forums.  There is no reason that any of us should try contacting her.  She has our email addresses and would contact us if she wanted to.

Can we leave it at that?

Hi Charlie,

Do we have a choice?

It’s a sad world when we feel we are being denied the opportunity of conveying our concerns for the welfare of someone who was held in such high regard by our community. I can only hope she becomes acquainted with this thread and feels motivated to respond to us.

Kind regards,

Mike

• Like 2

You can speculate all you want but all that is known is that she retired completely from ALL the forums she was active in and that includes the P3D forum. Shortly after she left I attempted to contact her on a private email I had and there was no response. Many other people I know with whom she was friendly had the same. Hopefully nothing more drastic than starting a new life with her husband and moving on.

I can tell you that she has not logged on to this forum or the LM Prepar3d forum since she left.

And with that, I think this one should close.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 8

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors